Wednesday, October 29, 2008

This country really is great

Flyboy was home this Saturday to catch a favorite around here, My Big Redneck Wedding. Wow this weeks episode was a dozy. It even topped the brother and sister one. We watched the show in stunned silence. Really. Not a word was uttered but we did keep doing the whole slow turn-shocked look thing. It was kinda eerie how that kept happening.

There isn't any way that I can sum it up but to say they were rednecks in the truest sense of the word. I mean there was a tractor pull with them in their finest at the end of the wedding but that's not what I was really thinking about.

You know what I took away from that show as the credits were rolling besides that I could have done with a little less, naked (they did have the black bar but really it was still too much) hot tub scenes? God bless America.

Really. God bless this country.

I mean think about it, only in a country like this does there vote count the same as mine.

Every last one of us is endowed with the right to go vote. We all get one say in how things should be, except of course if Acorn's gotten to you then who knows how many says you get.

But seriously, it doesn't matter how we get there, be it pickup or sporty coup. Doesn't matter what we wear, doesn't matter what we look like, smell like, speak like, whether you say y'all or yous guys. Doesn't matter our education level, our income, whether you partake in jello wrestling on your trailer parks front lawn, or if your wearing your dentures.

All that matters is that in that one moment, we are all equals.

7 comments:

  1. Amen, sister. It might frustrate me that not everyone puts (what I consider to be) sufficient thought into their choices, but what frustrates me even more are those who don't vote at all -- but still feel entitled to complain. How can anyone care so little about such a precious right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahaha about your Acorn comment!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.