Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bipartisanly pissed

Ugh

The state of politics in America is enough to make me vomit right now.

Here's what we need... term limits, I don't care what party you are you shouldn't be staying in for 6 terms. Its ridiculous the second they get in office they are already campaigning for re-election.

Stay for your term. Get something accomplished or at least try. Then leave. Preferably quietly.

This doesn't have much to do with the debates tonight but its been bothering me lately. Given what's been going lately with the whole 700 billion dollar bailout that now has so much pork added to it its oinking.

The folks who are supposedly responsible for "Fixing" this are not so much interested in really helping the country but interested in keeping their jobs.

And like I said both sides are guilty. I'm bipartisanly pissed right now.

Ugh again. I'm just ending this little rant here to keep my blood pressure down.

6 comments:

  1. Heh, I just wrote something like this! Term limits would be such a fantastic idea. The whole lot of them can be voted out of office this year for all I care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to sound really sad...but I've been really glad to live in Germany for the election year. I can ignore as much as I want! We get news, obviously, but not ads, and political stuff isn't screaming at me from every direction.

    It's kind of nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. Oh...and please give the line item veto back...that way, we can get rid of all the stupid pork barrel additions to bills...things that just do NOT need to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, things are a mess. And it doesn't look like the sun will shine any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there...here's something to brighten your mood....YOU WON MY HOLIDAY CARD GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!!!

    Come on over and claim your prize!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.