Friday, October 30, 2009

thankful thoughts

I turned on the news this morning to see that there had been another crash or something in which two aircraft were involved and the possibility for survivors is little to none. It's been a bad month for things that fly, or at least there has been more coverage of it.

It makes me think... a lot, and it makes me want to hold my family closer and appreciate the little things that really, aren't so little.

I am thankful for every poopy diaper I change.... because every dirty bottom is attached to a sweet face that gives me kisses.

I'm thankful for every hand print left on my white walls.... because every dirty hand is attached to the arms that wrap around me so snugly for hugs.

I'm thankful for every dinner I make that is less then gourmet.... because we have food.

I'm thankful every time the sticky food covered child who sits next to me steals food off my plate.... because at least we are together to eat as a family.

I'm thankful for the times that my husband is late getting home when all I want is a break.... because that means he's here to come home.

I'm thankful for getting caught in a downpour at getting drenched and then having to go pick up dash-1 at school looking like a wet dog.... because at least I'm able to be there to pick him up and share his day with him.

I'm thankful for (granted its hard to be at the time) temper tantrums and nasty attitudes.... because it allows me to show my children that I love them irregardless.

I'm thankful for the downs... because it makes the ups mean so much more.

What are you thankful for?

13 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for the weekend. I'm thankful for wine. I'm thankful for nyquill. I'm thankful I can combine all 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great reminder! :) i often forget the positive side of hard times. thanks! i'm thankful for days off, for cooler weather, and for unconditional love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for DVR because then no matter what I have to deal with at least my favorite show is still there for me. I am thankful for snotty noses because even sick babies are still my babies. I am thankful for dwell time because then I know my hubby will be home with us to share at least a few more holidays!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN! I am thankful for a crazy child that makes me laugh often. I'm thankful for two dogs who know when I need a cuddle buddy. I'm thankful for a husband who still acts like a child to help me loosen up sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful for the laughter that reverberates within these walls.

    I am thankful that my husband is in a "safe" location and I don't worry about him.

    I am thankful that I have girlfriends that I can laugh and have fun with.

    I am thankful for my memories.

    And I am thankful to be alive!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its been a hard month being married to a pilot :(

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its been a hard month being married to a pilot :(

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oliver told me a story about someone on the island today that made me so very thankful for the availability of medical care. You can't really realize just how good it is until you have seen what it is in another country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so true! thought of u when I saw that accident.

    but right now, I'm thankful for Barbies & the exersaucer that are giving me a five minute break ;)

    Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.