Sunday, October 25, 2009

Flyboy got the shaft

We got ripped off by the wood guy. 700 big ones (dollars, denaros, mucho bucks) for five cords of wood.

It was delivered in a big pile when flyboy was away. This is just asking for trouble. I didn't have a clue what five cords in a giant pile should look like. And yes, it would have been easier had flyboy been here for the delivery but well, it would be easier if he were around for a lot of things, such is life.

So today he stacked the wood.... its not five cords. Its about three.

Isn't anyone honest anymore? Why does it seem to be the norm to get shafted?

Clearly the wood guy didn't pay attention to the Marine Corps sticker on the back of my car. Nor did he understand that he was ripping off a Marine who is a stickler for rules and doing the right thing.

And who qualified as an expert when he shot the range last month.

15 comments:

  1. How aggravating! And, yeah, I would have had no clue about that, either. Then again, I don't think my dear husband would have, too. So, it's a good thing we don't need wood to keep the air conditioner running. Any chance of a refund, or getting the rest of the wood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh the wood guy better watch out! Does flyboy plan to call and see about getting the other 2 cords?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that. I hope Flyboy teaches that guy a lesson and gets those last two cords of wood without any hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so frustrating! I hope flyboy is able to get the wood ya'll paid for... and teach the guy a lesson at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell Flyboy to kick his ass and take his name... to the BBB.

    And get your wood. Not good. Not good at all. Who rips off a new mom with two other boys while her husband is serving the country away from home?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get the two cords or the wood guy gets what he deserves...

    what goes around comes around tenfold

    keep us posted on how things go. sorry for what happened to you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn bastard. That kind of shit pisses me off. I hope flyboy tears him a new one, as my Marine likes to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should have FlyBoy call the company back. At least threaten them with calling the BBB...and make sure you tell everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, wow, 700 smacks for 5 cords? wood is way more expensive on the east coast than it is in Minnesota!

    Second of all, that SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha...the last part is hilarious...and probably kind of gratifying....I hate it that people are so dishonest...everywhere it seems...I wonder if military one source knows a good lumberjack.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. So is the newly qualified flyoy going to make sure this guy does the right thing and deliver the additional 2?? I'm just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously, pissing off military guys is a bad idea. Does the man work for a company you could call, even a small one? Would it be possible to complain? And yes, a lack of honesty especially for 700 big ones gets my feathers ruffled.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I mentioned this to John today and he got all up in arms about it. Did a resolution occur? John's all...go to JAG! He needs a follow up on this...let me know what is happening, he won't stop ranting about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Get ahold of him girl! Get those 2 more! You paid for them!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.