Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I hope your reading this flyboy

I have issues. There its out there now. I, the mrs., have issues. Actually since you all read about my bizarre fear of my trunk opening a few post ago its probably safe to jump out there and say I have a lot of issues.

One of my worst issues is the ability to hold a grudge longer then a tightwad holds on to a nickel. Really, I'm still pissy with a friend from elementary school. When I get mad I just hold on to it and darn it for the life of me I ain't letting go.

I know this is not healthy. Trust me. I really do try to work on this, its actually my resolution every year. As you can see, its not going to well. But I am trying.

Last night flyboy and I got into a fight. Now we both have some serious Irish tempers (really e*armony probably wouldn't have matched us based on that alone) but we really don't fight that often. We both realize the way the other one is and that no good will come of it. Except last night. And of course, he's going on a trip tomorrow but neither one of us has come out of our corners. I tried a little this morning and in an email but it would appear that the stick is still up his butt.

Ok see that probably isn't going to help my cause. That was probably unnecessary and I should go back and delete it.

Ok so now on top of having issues, I'm not very bright either, cause I'm not going too.

Anyways, I thought that I would apologize to him, for setting me up and making me look like an ass to HIS PARENTS. Because even with a grudge I still love him more then anything else in this world.

So here goes. Pardon me. I'm being sidetracked by a four year old marching thru the room in his underwear swinging his pjs like a stripper singing My Country Tis Of Thee. I'm going to need a moment.

All right, so here goes again. Flyboy, I don't know what the heck that was all about last night. We both got nasty, we both got short, we both said things that didn't mean. (Or at least I hope you didn't mean those things).

I love you with all my heart and soul. You are an amazing father and an amazing husband. I lean on you in so many ways and you dont buckle under my weight. These days when so many people are barely staying above water you are able to provide us with a great life and give me the gift of getting to stay home to raise our children.

And I hate fighting with you. I hate staying pissy with you just because I'm a hard headed idiot and I hate when you just sulk away. I'm trying to reach out and I hope that when you come home from work today that we can just let go. If I don't get some indication that your not mad, I might just drag the kids to the squadron and make an ass of myself there to prove to you my love.

Think about it.

14 comments:

  1. Aww..you are so cute :)
    Sorry you had a crappy night love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet of you. I could never...Josh always apologizes, even when he didn't do anything...so it goes like this...
    Josh...Babe, I'm sorry.
    Me: Shut up! No you aren't!
    Josh: Yes I AMMMMM!
    Me: Oh yeah? For what??
    *Dead Silence...Repeat*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... fighting isn't fun. I am also guilty of holding grudges for a long time. The one thing that helps me keep my temper or forgive is to ask myself "Will this matter in 10 years?" and then on down, 5 years, 1 year, 6 months... And if it does matter long term, I allow myself to get mad as hell.

    In some ways its nice to have as much in common with your hubby as that. You even get mad an equal amount!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is it about fighting before they go away?? i always manage to get my panties up my butt about something before he goes. usually something stupid. but something.

    and i sooo know what you mean about holding on for too long. totally guilty.

    wishing you a lovely night of making up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute! I'm sorry about your night last night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww... I vote for the "dragging the kids to the squadron", but... mayeb that's the sappy girl inside of me screaming to get out.

    *short pause*

    Don't worry - I just shut her up. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's pretty brave. I wouldn't have the guts to put it out there to my hubby...or the world.

    The last fight we had, I emailed him all my worries and fears and angers. I have yet to hear from him about it. And it's been a week now. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how this sounds so familiar! In fact we just went through this night before last, and yes I like you can hold a grudge with the best of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I always fight with Kdubs before he leaves and wish he read the blog just so i could write something like this. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the same way...I'll hold a grudge like nothing else. It's not something I'm proud of either. I really don't want to be a bitter person!

    This was a really cute post though. And I love the description of the show your son put on for you. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a sweet post! I hope it worked and Flyboy came home and you guys made up...twice :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! Must be something in the air even though we live miles apart! I can totally relate to you in that I hold on to being scorned by others for years. It takes a lot of down time for me to recover. I am just coming out of a depression right now from a "friend" incident that happened a year and a half ago. Man, I need to quit being so sensitive but I just cannot help it. When I befriend someone I put my whole heart into it. When am I gonna learn? LOL! Anywho, here's to hoping you both make up soon! You will!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.