Sunday, March 15, 2009

ebay sucks

I am not meant for ebay. I should avoid it at all cost. Really is a bargain worth the stress?

I've finally broken free of the paranoia and admitted that we are indeed having a baby. Now that there is the little movements and flutters, its seems that I can give in to the reality that indeed a new little one is coming.

And that my pants don't fit. And my shirts are getting shorter.

This pregnancy is off season from the other two and I'm a little smaller this time around so all nine month pregnant winter clothes are of little use to me. I need some carpi's, not giant sweaters. I need short sleeve shirts that will fit my end of pregnancy belly not my very beginning belly when I got pregnant in the summer with the boys.

I searched around on ebay last night for some deals. And I found some. But so did other people.

The auctions ended on Pacific time and I'm asleep way before 1 am these days. So of course I lost out. DAMN YOU EBAY! And now I just checked and the other capris I'm bidding on are being noticed by others. And this is when I wonder if its just worth it to go to the store and avoid the hassle.

I stress over little things. I know I shouldn't but I do. But then again, saving money is saving money. But is three dollars worth an ulcer?

But I'm only wearing these pants for a couple months. But if takes a couple months to find a pair......

It's dilemmas like this that make flyboy jealous. Jealous that this is what I devote my worries and brain space too. He just doesn't understand, its not easy being me.

20 comments:

  1. Oh no!! Yes I'm not an ebay fan either. I can't figure it out. My hubby however? Bought a motorcycle on there! Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love you! HA! your freaking hilarious!!!!!! aww you can feel baby moving?!?!?!?! awwwwww! whens the ultrasound?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and ive never done the ebay thing. checked it out but figured ehhh..maybe not! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not an ebay fan either! I, too, stress over the little things like that. It would not be good for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like JLC- I can't figure it out- yet my husband bought a truck off it. Go figure!

    Maybe Woodbury has some good deals in some of the stores?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I buy anything on ebay, it's with the "buy now" option. I bought all my maternity clothes at oldnavy.com when they had sales. Mine were all really huge (cause I needed really huge) but I can look through it all if I ever get it back from HHG and can see if there'd be something that fits you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know where I shopped this last pregnancy? Good Will! Not sure how you feel about that. But I found 5 pair of jeans for $30 and they were all practically brand new from stores like Motherhood. Lets face it- how long do you really wear Maternity jeans? 3 months max before you grow out of them or the bay is born?? That stuff might as well still have tags on it in the thrift stores!

    Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had some success with ebay but I'm usually looking for very obscure things.
    For super cheap maternity wear you may want to try craigslist.org and freecycle.com. Freecycle is free... and at least in my area I see size S/M/L maternity clothes are listed on there all the time. Craigslist should be super cheap, too. Motherhood Maternity.com has several sets of "crop pants" for $19 and some for $16.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ebay is so hard. maybe there are other websites that offer good deals on maternity clothes, or find coupons online. Good luck you will find something!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not a fan of Ebay. I have never had much luck on there. Maybe try craigslist.com or do you have mom to mom sales in your area? Do people sell those sort of things there? I wish I had more for you, but I haven't been a mom yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss the old Ebay, where you could actually find stuff for cheap. It's really hard to find actual bargains there now, so I gave up looking years ago. I bought most of my stuff on clearance at JCPenney. My favorite is a pair of yoga pants that cost me all of four bucks. I hate buying maternity wear, but then I think, who am I kidding; I'll be wearing this stuff for at least six months after the baby is born, so why not?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess I haven't been reading your blog long enough to know you are pregnant? Best Wishes to you!!! PS- you are hilarious and I'm pretty sure you should do stand up comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely agree that the low prices are not worth the stress. But I totally understand the pain of spending more money on maternity clothes! I had to buy spring/summer stuff knowing that I will only be wearing it for another two or so months.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Get yoga pants!

    I lived in them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh don't get confused, we just went to the American Legion, we definately are not members!

    It's funny that you feel that Marines are more anti-social. My father was in the Marine Corps and it always seemed like they were throwing/attending great parties and events. In fact, when we first joined the Army I felt like there was a lack of social activities compared to them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your pregnancy! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some advice! It's much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!! And yes EBAY is a giant pain in the butt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. AHAHA!
    I hate this! It's like you are looking for the perfect deal, yet it never appears!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sooo ebay challenged myself! The only time I buy stuff on there is if there's an option to buy now. The disappointment is too much for me otherwise! :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope your son liked my photos and I hope he enjoys his trip to the cape.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.