Thursday, July 29, 2010

I could tell you about.... but I wont

I had a great post. It was funny, though provoking, tugged at the heart strings. And now......nuttin.

I was writing it in my head the other day as I drove the six hours home and seeing as though you can't even talk on your cell phone in the car anymore, whipping out the laptop to blog is probably waaaaaaaaaaaaay against the law.

Although I'm always amazed at the number of people I see doing their makeup or reading the paper..... while driving.

So lets see.... I could write about how dash-3 amuses me with his bad ass dancing skills anytime he hears any sort of little tune.

I could write about dash-1's surgery, it went well he's healing next to me on the couch watching Scooby Doo. Oh and his belly button is now an innie and his stomach is now pushed back to where it should be.

I could write about how I woke up this morning to find dash-2 had his underpants on backwards. Again.

I could write about how I got a new fantastic cookbook from Divvies, an allergy free baking company and how the recipes are amazing AND egg, peanut, and milk free. And things that everyone would eat.

I could write about how summer seems to be flying by.

I could write about the inner debate I'm having with myself over what backpack to buy for dash-1.

I could write about how we still haven't figured out preschool or no preschool for dash-2.

I could write about a bunch I suppose.

But I'll have to wait till I'm in my car and it comes to me. My car or the shower, that's when post come to me. Shame that neither one is exactly the best for blogging.

When do your best blog post come to you?

17 comments:

  1. Late at night when I am lying in bed trying to fall asleep. You know when the last thing you want to do it get up and find a pen or turn the computer on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Divvies cookbook on GMA. I need a review? Lots of good recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think my best thoughts right before falling asleep! I've started keeping a notebook and pen on the nightstand. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put laptop in ziplock bag. You're Welcome. :D (Not responsible for ziplock bag failure and subsequent laptop death)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shower and at the office. I have a plethora of sticky notes with ideas jotted down on them to remind me later. OR, I will just email myself some notes. Dork-tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg..that is so true...I'm usually somewhere completely not blog appropriate when I get a moment of inspiration...I think I need to start having a note pad with me to jot down the thoughts...or a tape recorder....

    ReplyDelete
  7. my blog always come to me when I'm out doing something with my husband. I too write in my head! but by the time I get home... I have forgotten them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. like i mentioned before and like people above - totally as i'm falling asleep.

    helpful, no?

    ReplyDelete
  9. before bed...always! I fall asleep and when I wake up they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear the surgery went well.

    My great posts come to me as I'm lying in bed trying to fall asleep. Then I have to decide if it really IS a great post worth getting up over or risking forgetting it entirely by the time I wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always "writing" great blogposts in the dark in bed...with SoldierMan asleep on top of me so I can't get up and write without waking him up (which I feel horribly guilty about not that he wakes up at 0300). He's a cuddler.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Either late at night or when I'm at work. I hate when its while I'm at work since then I can't get on the computer and write away. The worst is when I have a good idea, then I get at my computer and I sit...and sit.. and sit some more. Idea has left the building! Ridiculous!

    www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Car and Shower are ALWAYS the best time to think things over for me. I'm sure the cars next to me wonder who I am talking to when sometimes I say my thoughts out load. Just call me crazy haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I come up with great posts while I am in the midst of packing and can't take a break or Gunner starts to give me the evil eye.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad Dash-1 is doing well. Mine come to me in the middle of the night. Even my blog names came in the middle of the night. I don't write them then, sometimes jot the idea on a pad and go back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do my best thinking in the shower! Glad to see it's not just me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought we talked about the bag things. LLBean all the way which reminds me i have to call Mikes grandma to order one for Bay (do you want me to order you one). Def dont send Dash 2 to that horrible school you sent Dash 1 to.

    I'm glad to hear Dash 1s belly is finally normal and I hope he heals fast.

    Oh and you better make it to the beach to visit before the summer ends

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.