Friday, July 23, 2010

in a kiddies face

The boyos and I went out to dinner the other day- you know because daddy's gone and mommy gets tired of cooking- as we sat at the table, I laid my new sunglasses down and dash-1 snatched them up and popped them right on his cute little face.

I looked up and saw it.


My grandmother.

I remember her wearing sunglasses that seemed so big to me {and yet now I have a pair... scary} I saw her smile in his smile, minus the missing front tooth and all those memories in my mind sitting in the back of my mind came right up to the front.

And all it took was a smile from my boy.

That's the amazing thing about kids.... in them lies the past, the present, and the future all rolled into one.

8 comments:

  1. Too cute, and way to make me cry thinking about how true that last sentence is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so profound! What a true statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome moment and thoughtful perspective.

    This made me very sentimental, I hope that some day I will look at my children and catch a glimpse of my mom. *awwww*

    ReplyDelete
  4. His smile melts. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of when I was pulling photos from my camera to the computer a few months ago. One I didn't pay much attention to caught my eye suddenly. It was of Dylan, but I immediately saw myself as a baby. I thumbed through my childhood photo album and, sure enough, that particular shot he's the spittin' image of me when I was about the same age. Amazing and a bit freaky. ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so true. My two boys are practically spitting images of my big brothers, it tugs at my heartstrings.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.