Friday, July 31, 2009

12 years

Today is military payday. Altogether now.... WAHOOO!

This paycheck was a little extra padded, there was flyboy's uniform allowance and since the money they give us for his uniforms really is a drop in the bucket compared to what they actually cost to buy them and keep them up to standards I can't get to excited about that but.... there was also a tad extra in there for hitting 12 years.

Yes folks, my love has been a flyboy for 12 years. Well there was some schooling first, so maybe he's been an actual flyboy closer to 10 years. They don't just hand over the controls of an airplane to just anyone.

Or so flyboy tells me this, despite some of the idiots I've met at work functions.

I know this isn't as exciting as picking up a new rank or whatnot, but I wanted to take the chance to let my love know just how much I appreciate all he does for us. This isn't always his dream job, obviously there are days and months at a time that he thinks about just walking away, but he has stayed in for one overwhelming reason.

For us.

And our ability to procreate by just looking at each other.

But seriously, for over a decade now he's been pounding his body physically and mentally so that we can live comfortably, on one income since the kiddos came along might I add very impressive I think, so that we can keep the great health coverage that we have (though I might complain about it from time to time), and not to mention that he's liberated a country too.

He's a man of many talents. And I love him, and I'm very proud of him.

And he's damn near adorable in his flight suit too. Trust me, that helps to make up for the time he's away.

19 comments:

  1. Every little pay increase is always something to celebrate! Congrats to you guys. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww :-) One of the reasons why rank is so much fun is the extra pay. Even more impressive is how long someone has tolerated this life. 12 years is an amazing feat, and many congrats to him and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the thing I missed most about my husband being gone is him not coming home from work looking all cute in his flight suit! Congrats on 12 years, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the 12 years...what an accomplishment! And what wonderful service to our country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I love time in service pay raises! Yea Fly Boy! You deserve it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I hope he reads this. And you're not alone in appreciating his service -- I appreciate what he and all the servicemen and women do for this country! Congrats to him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love pay day! Congrats to him being in for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow 12 years!! Hubby is coming up on 8 and I am super excited about that! Congrats to him for all he does and to you for being the glue that holds it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY payday! Seriously, could it have taken any longer this month? Way to go for the 12 years. John has 9, but 4 of those were Reserves while we were in college, so they count for pay (!!!!) but only count as like 3 days for retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, 12 years. I take it ya'll are lifers. Congrats on the extra pay. ANd, um, the procreation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 12 years! That will be us next year. I am looking forward to getting a pay raise :)

    I love how our husbands do all they can do, for the good of their family AND their country. I very am thankful for that selflessness.

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah for 12 years. Over half way to retirement! Woo hoo!

    And can I say that I am totally impressed that you get a uniform allowance? We got nothing. Nada. Even when they change the uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on 12 years, Flyboy! Thanks for your service. This is such a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw! 12 years?! Many props to you guys for doing it that long- although one day that will be me too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Nothing like a little increase in pay to help out right haha.

    12 years AND counting! That is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. yay for 12 years and a padded paycheck!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 12 years!! Congrats to you both :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your blog. I apologize for not leaving comments more often..
    I have 3 boys as well, 14,4, 2 AND a 9 month old GIRL..yea, that was a surprise! So, from one to another.. I know what it's like!

    I applaud your husband and ALL the great guys and gals that keep this country safe so that we can sleep soundly!

    Give him a "WHOOP" next time he walks in the room...{ unless he would take that as a sign... }

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.