Sunday, July 26, 2009

My husband is an idiot but I still love him

I'm sitting here in the playroom checking out freezer meals and ingredients so I can make my commissary list and start some cooking this week, flyboy is the center of attention the same way a new toy on Christmas morning is. I am forgotten the way an old, over played toy is.

I'm ok with this. Very ok with it.

Well as I sit here behind the laptop the boys have calmed down and flyboy is going thru one of dash-1's favorite book about the human body and all that good science stuff, I overheard two disturbing things.

dash-1 "hmm, fat, what's fat?"

flyboy "that stuff in mommy's tummy."

No that would be your next son my dear. The fat is around back.

and then. dash-1 "what's a liver?"

flyboy "something you eat with faber beans and a nice Chianti."

You'll be shocked to know that I am usually the one who does story time around here. I think we can all agree that might be best.

Giveaway is still open here!

23 comments:

  1. Haha! Men!

    I heard a little girl in the Commissary today ask her day why fat people who eat healthy are still fat. Thank goodness there were no fat people around! Her father was not as witty as your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the line about the liver... hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness. The things boys say... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. That's the best line in the whole movie (and probably to the annoyance of everyone in the family, I use it every time I open a bottle of Chi-ann-ti).

    ReplyDelete
  5. huh. Possibly the best answer would be 'fat is what is in daddy's head.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Why do men always say dumb things like this!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I always love the responses he gives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaaha! I can't wait until we have kids so I can have stories like this! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHAHAHA OMG. I would die of laughter if I was around for your story time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would so smack Oliver for the first comment, but the second one is pretty hilarious. His teacher may be a little confused one of these days, however.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh boys!

    The little of this made me laugh before I even read it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHA OMG First post and I am hooked on your blog! Can't wait to read more!!

    Congrats on #3... I have 2 boys but the 3rd one was a girl... I think your getting a better deal... My girl is 10x harder than any boy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! What's Flyboy thinking????

    Good thing he has other redeeming qualities!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gah! Sounds like something my husband would say. Baby is not the same as fat.....men.......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no he didn't!! That's it... that couch better be looking PRETTY confortable at this point. ha ha

    Just kidding.. kind've?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YOU WON MY GIVEAWAY!!! :)

    Email me and let me know your three choices out of the 7 listed on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the response for the first question gets you dinner at panera tonight with no boys.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.