Saturday, February 2, 2008

the last few

Water weight or my clothes shrunk in the dryer. Thats the excuse I keep throwing around.

I ate a little too free on vacation and brought home a few pounds as a souvenoir. sigh. Now I have to lose them. Or just wear sweatpants everywhere but thats not going to cut it for long. Its not much just a couple pounds but I always think its the last few pounds which is the hardest to lose. It doesn't help that Dash-2 was weaned in December so there went my body burning a couple hundred extra calories without me having to do anything. Even though Dash-2 is over a year I feel like I'm just getting back to normal after having him. I lost every pound I gained while pregnant the first few months after having both boys. but now my body is easing back into unfamiliar territory. I was pregnant with Dash-1, nursed for a year, got pregnant with Dash-2 a month after weaning him, then nursed for another year. This is the first time in years I havent been pregnant or nursing. Its odd to get my body back. Mine its all mine for a little bit.

That being said I should probably stop eating for two.

5 comments:

  1. Yep, my cloths shrunk, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a firm believer in the dryer's shrinking powers also.

    And, HOLY COW! We were all over here screaming our heads off the last few minutes.

    I bet I have Dash-1 to thank for this, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!
    We were all cheering over here too!
    It was Dash-1 wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea! for having your body back. But bummer on the weight gain. I always seem to carry home a little extra after a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't gotten my body back yet and it been 15 months already. I still haven't lost that last 15 pounds... so good for you.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.