Wednesday, February 27, 2008

God bless America!

Oh this is embarrassing and I cant believe that I am sharing it but at the same time it was just hilarious. Just to set up the story, a few weeks ago our very old disgusting dishwasher broke so we got a new one, very exciting. Flyboy was home so he installed it himself, he said it would take an hour, well the hour turned into all day and guess who was there to help and over hear one or two less then appropriate phrases? Yup, Dash-1. On with the story...

So Dash-1 was looking at a picture I have of the flag with the song God Bless America written on the stripes. He asked what it was and I told him that it was a song about our country. He asked me to sing it. I started humming and the boys started dancing, I opened my mouth to sing and got so far as God when Dash-1 decided to join in. With bright eyes and a darling smile he sang "God Dammit!". I stopped and just starred at him. He actually said to that "I like this song!".

I couldn't help but laugh. It really was a priceless moment. I explained that that was a bad word and if I heard it again he would be chomping on some soap, but it was pretty funny. I haven't talked to flyboy yet to tell him, he's gonna love this one....

**UPDATE** I talked wtih flyboy finally and told him the story. He laughed. A lot. Then he stopped laughing and said "No shit". Yeah not helping the problem buddy. I should also say to his defense I probably have a worse mouth then him, I just happen to KNOW that Dash-1 got this from him.

12 comments:

  1. ROFL. That was awesome. My kids have pulled a couple of those. Unfortunately, it's my own sailor mouth they've heard the words from. Oops!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is too funny!
    let us know Flyboy's reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super funny. someone's in troooooouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have kids yet, but I know when we do we are going to have to seriously revamp our vocab. I've been trying to clean my mouth up and use words like, "Cheese and Rice", "Flip" (for F**k) and "Jackie" (for jackass). Its a slow progress, but kids aren't coming anytime soon so I've got some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy. Greg is already cursing and then looking at my stomach and saying "You didn't hear that!" I have a feeling there will be very similar events playing out at our house....

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh hahahahhahahahahaha - hillarious :). Kids are great haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is really a cute story. my mouth had taught my son a few not so great phrases. he has learned his lesson through a dab of hot sauce and quit saying them. kids are just too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is great! I am actually laughing out loud over here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! The funniest part about it was that he thought it was part of the song. I love kids; they have no idea about stuff sometimes, which makes it all the cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi leanne,

    cute.

    your moment made me remember one time when our girls were toddlers. ~E was about 3 and we heard her chasing ~A (4) and you know what ~E was saying??? "i'm gonna kick your a##!!" we broke it up and corrected, but later, hubby and i were just laughing, could you believe she said THAT????

    the things they say when they don't know what they are saying.

    your little pen pal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm, our husbands would be fast friends I think :)

    This made me laugh out loud! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LMAO!!! That is hilarious!!! I can see my son saying something like that. Flyboy's reaction is what my hubby would have done too.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.