Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl 42

So I know some of you watched the game last night from the comments in my fat post (sigh lets call it what it is). FANTASTIC GAME huh?!?! Flyboy and I watched it with the little ones for the first quarter and then off to bed for them so we could actually watch the game. Dash-1 and 2 wore their jerseys all day and while shopping at BJ's Dash-1 at one point (totally unprovoked) stood up in the back of the cart and yelled "GO BIG BLUE!" this went over very well with other fans. Not so much with me. The applause from others only feeds his ego. Flyboy is thinking about framing Dash-1's little jersey and hanging it over his desk in the squadron for luck. I went to bed before flyboy but I think he was so giddy he might have slept with the little jersey.

I was worried with all the trash talk Plaxico Burress was talking, if the Giants lost it would have made it that much more painful. But looks like he was on to something. So there Mr. Brady. You scoffed at his 23-17 Giants prediction, how dare he predict that your team would only score 17 points. Turns out you didn't get that high!

And can you believe that the coach, Tom Coughlin was about to be fired at the beginning of the season? Then he took the team to the super bowl?! And might I point out that it was the lowest seeded wild card team in NFL history to make it and win the Big Game.

I'm so proud of my Giants. I mean it still irks me that these guys running around on the fields in tights have 7 and 8 figure deals to catch a ball while guys getting shot at and laying down their lives for the preservation of our freedom are making MUCH, MUCH piddlier sums. But that's another rant for another day. And trust me.... that rant is coming.

8 comments:

  1. In your comment over at my place, you accused me of rooting for the Giants... and you were right. You should have seen everyone standing and cheering at the end of the game... even the little kids who probably had no idea what was going on. Your team did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great game, and I did not care who won, but I always root for the underdog......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still in protest that my Packers weren't playing, at least the team that put them out won the big game. I could not believe that catch in the 4th! On his helmet none-the-less! Although for all the smack-talk Plaxico was talking, he sure didn't have many catches. Anyway...I digress.
    Any chance I could send you a child's sized Packers jersey next season?? Just throwing it out there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like flyboy was on to something with that jersey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was rooting for the Giants too. My kids could hear me screaming all the way from the other end of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a crazy, crazy, game. We all got so nervous at the end--it started to feel like one of those great underdog sports movies, but we had to wonder if we were going to get that great ending...and then we did! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GO BIG BLUE!!! ELI is still a hack,lol. Now it's almost Yankees season.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.