Monday, February 18, 2008

No more road trips for a bit please?

We arrived home from yet another little journey just before dinner time tonight. Flyoby's aunt passed away and so we drove out to his parents place this weekend. Whats that saying about the best laid plans? We were going to leave friday at the start of the 96 but then flyboy's flying bumped those plans till Saturday so up we were at oh dark thirty for the 9 hour drive out to his parents.

Can I just say, the state of Pennsylvania is a BIG FREAKIN state!!?

The ironic part is that we live less then thirty minutes from PA. Yet it takes us nine hours to get to they're little part of it. (Think depressed coal mine country and I mean that in the best possible way). And since flyboy isn't actually from there, his father was a Marine as well so he's not really "from" anywhere, his parents moved back there a few years ago after retirement. We actually got lost and drove around in circles within 20 minutes of their house with Dash-1 yelling "I have to poop, let me POOOOOOOP!".

We were at his parents for 36 hours. It was great to see his parents and his sister, they had a fantastic time with the boys and the boys loved being the center of attention. It was nice to be there to support his father, althought there is as also a ton of family hoopla which neither flyboy nor I care to touch with a very long pole. But hey, I hear that comes with most families.

Anywho. After 18 and some hours in the car we are back. And hopefully not going anywhere anytime soon.

5 comments:

  1. I am very sorry to hear about your huband's aunt.

    But LOL about Dash-1! We live about 8 hours from my parents, but those trips can be rough- especially since my ds throws up every single time we go. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a looooong drive for a quick visit!

    I'm glad you made it there and home safe and sound.

    I miss road trips...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I knoooowwww what you mean about the big state. If we go on a road trip anywhere the hardest part is just getting out of Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's aunt. My thoughts are with his family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear about your DH's aunt.

    Even though the trip was hectic and crazy, I'm sure that it was one of those things that your husband is glad that you all were able to do...

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.