Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Know what today is?

Don't forget to go VOTE today!

I, personally, vote for several reasons.

1. I am extremely lucky to live in a country where, we might elect idiots from time to time, but those idiots assume their offices in a peaceful transfer of power.  It only seems right to vote to show other countries that it can be done and that it is appreciated.

2. Right now, whether people realize it everyday or not, we are a country at war.  We are a country that got it's start on the backs of those willing to put their everyday lives on hold and ultimately lay down those lives, if need be, so that we would have freedom.  One of those essential freedoms, the vote.  The least I can do while someone is trekking thru Afghanistan while dodging bullets is drag my butt down the street to vote.

3. I firmly believe that if you don't vote, you don't get to complain.  And if I don't get to complain, well, my life wouldn't be complete. 

So all in all, get off your duff and go VOTE.

6 comments:

  1. I love this post. I wish I could plaster these thoughts all over my state. Well said. I'm off to vote now so I can join you in complaining later, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be a great night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my dang state would send me my absentee ballot so I could vote. I so want to vote against Harry Reid!!! (guess which state I'm from) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately coming from Scotland and being a registered Alien, I don't get a vote. I don't think people truly understand how blessed they are to be involved and have a say in who their Government Officials are going to be. Like you I find it shameful, that their are men and women fighting all over the world to give them that Freedom and they don't take advantage of it.. If people just took a second and thought about how a soldier is away from his/her loved ones in a foreign country, working long hours, with bullets and bombs going off , then taking a few minutes and going to their local polling station and voting, is the least they can do..
    Thank a Soldier and their Families Today for their Sacrifice..VOTE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted!! And I got the sticket to prove it... (is it sad that my little almost 25 yeard old heart is most excited by the sticket=r?!). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love point #3. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.