Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ornament Swap Sign Ups!

It's that time of year again! 

 Time for the 2nd Annual Trying Our Best Ornament Swap!

Halloween is over and not five minutes later Christmas decorations are unveiled in the stores.  This used to annoy me but since it was snowing up here yesterday I figure why not just embrace it? I shall be against Christmas decorations in August, even October, but anything after Halloween I'll welcome.

Hey, its a new me around here.

So since Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away and then the holiday season is really into full speed I wanted to get the Ornament Swap out there before people get so busy that they don't want to join in.  Because the more the merrier!

It's a fun way to spread some Christmas cheer for not a whole lot of mola. And if your into holiday baking feel free to toss in some cookies in your box. Whoever gets me will be getting some kickass chocolate toffee and some cranberry white chocolate cookies (those have eggs but they are delish!) and perhaps a dash boy.  Last year SS sent me some AMAZING brown sugar cookies and I will admit, I didn't share any with anyone.

Info on the swap

*you can either MAKE or BUY an ornament, however there will be a $10 dollar limit. And if you find a cute one for less go for it. {I think the art of bargain hunting should make a comeback.}

*Ornaments should be mailed so that they are received round about December 15th.  If you and your partner work something else out, good to go, but the whole point is to have this ornament BEFORE the holidays.

*You can sign up for the swap until Saturday night {November 20} My goal is to get the names and emails out to you all before Thanksgiving.

Interested?  Sign-up HERE!
{If anyone has a problem with the sign up formjust let me know, its a google doc and its my first go with it.}
I hope that a good number of people want to participate, this was a lot of fun last year and I'm hoping its as much fun again this year!

And if goodness forbid your partner skips out on you let me know I'll mail you a big Christmas package complete with a dash brother.  I'm hoping by doing the sign ups thru a form I'll weed out the people who will go incommunicado.

Grab a button {courtesy of Caedeince, thank you so much!}!

{Psst. people have been saying they are having problems with the code and most are just cutting and pasting the image and linking it thru blogger.}

Please, spread the word on your blogs, twitter, facebook... shoot scream it from the roof top afterall, the more the merrier!

25 comments:

  1. AHHHHH!!!!! Ornament swap!!! (That's my Will Ferrell in Elf impression)

    I was just going to e-mail you and ask if you were doing the swap again this year and hoping you were.

    Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I've been wondering when and if you were going to do the swap again this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed up. I can't get the linky image to work though. So I'm just going to grab the image and link it separately. Probably just blogger being a pain in my butt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just signed up - I really enjoyed it last year! And FYI, if my partner does, heaven forbid, bail out on me, it's okay if you don't include a Dash brother in the package. I don't think I could handle the excitement (but hey, if you could send me a McCoun apple or two....) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get the link to show up either, but I will put it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yah, link won't work for me either, but I did link it myself. YAY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited! I love your swaps!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Question: does it have to be a tree ornament or can it be a small holiday decoration? I've been seeing some cute things that are not for trees, but are still pretty awesome! Not saying that is what I will do, just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to participate again! And word to everyone... The Mrs. cranberry white chocolate cookies, so worth the chance that there is a little blond boy in the box. ;-)

    There is a catch. I'm going to be leaving on Dec. 4th so would need to be paired with someone that would be willing to get it moving early so I can selfishly make sure I get my goodies before I go.

    So if anyone would be willing to be paired with an early swap please leave it in your comments and you'll get extra cookies from me! (and they are safe, the Mrs. is still here as proof from last year)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't get the button to work on my blog :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY - I signed up - Although I hope that is ok as I am in Canada.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just signed up! This is such a cool idea!! Thanks for hosting this swap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great! I found out about this through twitter, so it's already spreading! Yipee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS, I'm a new follower. And I'm new to military spouse life, so I'm super excited to get to read your blog! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY!!! I am so excited for this! I didn't participate last year but after your first post about the ornament swap for this year I have been waiting to sign up. And I already know what I am going to send :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Found you through a link to this swap, so now I'm joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww, the whole time I was reading this, I was thinking I probably am not eligible since I am a military address-- but you're military! Yay! Pick me! Pick Me! I want to play!!!
    Going to sign up now, thanks for hosting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a new follower :) I heard about this through New Girl On Post and signed up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I signed up, i just want to make sure you got my entry =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I keep thinking about signing up again, but my partner never delivered last year and that was a bummer. I'm trying to decide if I want to go through the effort again...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi!! I'm a new follower as well! Popped over from LivKit's! :)

    I love the idea of this swap- a giveaway of sorts- but one you are guaranteed to win! :)

    come visit me if you get the chance! ashtonandbuck.blogspot.com !

    ReplyDelete
  22. I felt uber-grinch-like when I emailed you that I didn't have time to do this... So I am gonna make time! Signing up after I post this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I signed up for the ornament swap last week just wanted to be sure you got my entry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have you sent out the addresses yet?

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.