Sunday, April 11, 2010

as always

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!

{And no flyboy, if you're reading this I'm not actually "late", feel free to resume a normal breathing pattern}

I'm late for this....

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

See I told you it was important. So important that we are partying in the living room and dash-1 is dancing on top of the coffee table and dash-2 is wearing a pull up on his head.

But you don't need to hear all the details of our wild party, they would just bore you. Or scare you.

Anyways....WELCOME!

I go by the mrs. around here, stay at home mom extraordinaire. Or something like that.

I'm fast approaching my 30's and at least for now, could care less. I have three great kids, all boys, 5, 3, and 7 mths.

Yup. All boys. {Sigh}

Lots of wrestling, jumping off of things, bumps and bruises. They are affectionately known as the dash brothers {they go by dash-1, 2, 3, around here as in planes in formation}

Our house is in constant, varying stages of chaos, but the blog fodder is endless. I mean really, post about elmo underpants being flushed down the toliet or words created by dash-1 just right themselves.

I've been married to my devilishly handsome husband for seven years.

He just happens to be a Marine who flies and around here he goes by flyboy, {you can't say I'm not witty}.

Not only is he quite a husband but he's a fantastic father and a heck of a shot with a nerf gun.

Oh and he too provides blog fodder. {I respect his desire not to have his picture on the blog, safety reasons and all, but the funny stories, oh those are fair game.}

I've been blogging for about 2 1/2 years. I think, I'm not gonna lie, I'm at the point where days and nights are just blurring together.

I laugh at the funny things our kids do and say, post mindless mindless things that pop into my mind. {That happens a lot with me.}

I also like to post tips that I've stumbled upon {I have an ongoing love affair with baking soda, use it with your shampoo you'll have wicked soft hair}. Some of my favorite post are my Honest Mommy post, where I try to be has honest as possible about the ups and downs motherhood.

All in all, just more of me me, trying to figure it out as I go along.

Hope you'll come back!



Oh and you can now find me on twitter as mrs_flyboy

Party on!

13 comments:

  1. wait, baking soda with shampoo? I'm intrigued and want to try this - do you apply them together? or shampoo first, then baking soda? and how much should I use?

    LOL

    I LOVE cool tips too - but am bummed that the bag of rice did NOT save my digital camera after we sat in the 'soak zone' at the shamu show.....

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh with the shampoo! You know me, I'll try just about anything, so when you talked about this before I was all "sweet I'll try that". Somehow I missed the add with shampoo part, cause straight up bakingsoda will just make you curse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Welcome. In your shampoo you say? I really need to get to work reading your archives... I am TheCraftyHippo on twitter btw. It's my craft and giveaway blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo nice to meet you! We are also military, hoorah =) Passing by through the UBP! Come on by and enter my Giveaway! http://photographybyrita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. And this is why we love you :) I love your funny flyboy stories and the fact that you are Queen of the roost. And Honest Mommy Moments are classic. Thanks for being real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husbands a marine, and I'M a little jealous my husband doesn't clean like yours. Asking him to clean the bathroom is like asking him to pull his own teeth...I adore reading your blog. Its my little ray of sunshine in this new place I've been replanted in. I also take notes on mommying. Lord know I'll end up with either all boys or all girls.



    by the way, for those of us with extra wide screens, your polka-dot pattern is not continuous or whatever. It ends and we see a white bar.


    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by for the party!! Nice to meet you! :) Hope you are having fun at the UBP!

    Jenni ("Miss Tutu")
    My UBP blog post: How to Make a Tutu blog - hope you will stop by and say hi! :) and Mom Blogger $100 Cash Contest

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok... you are seriously hilarious! Thanks for having us! We'd love to have you all come by our place:
    http://inspiredgiftsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFL - not actually late... (seriously been there - got the tshirt on that one!)

    What a great introduction post for your witty humor and Honest Mommy Moments. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, you popped by my blog for UBP, so I'm returning the favor. In fact, I'm not following you! You're one funny Mrs.! Oh, and what you said about Aspies is absolutely on the mark!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shampoo and baking soda suggestion. I am going to have try that.

    Nice to have you at the UBP10 party. Stop by if you get a chance http://stopdropandrelax.com/blog/ And see what we have to help you Stop Drop and Relax. Visit our store at http://www.StopDropandRelax.com and Prepare To Be Pampered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice introduction post for your witty humor and Honest Mommy Moments. Love it.
    Search Engines

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.