Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thankful

I am thankful.

I am thankful for my sweet and loving husband, who despite having to be away so much always thinks of us at home. No matter where he is, what he is doing, even in the times that the Marine Corps must come first, we are always first in his heart. I know this and I am thankful for him.

I am thankful for my sweet little boys. Try my nerves as they might, they bring love and joy into my life. With them I get to see life the way it should be, I get to stop to examine the grass, lay on my back and watch the clouds float by, and debate the finer points of peach applesauce or sour apple applesauce. Without them I wouldn't get to be a mama, I wouldn't know what it's like to love truly and wholly, I wouldn't know what a true laugh sounds like, or what a true smile looked like.

I am thankful for my parents. Now that I am one I feel like I should apologize and bow to them at the same time! They are always there for me to lean on, turn to, or call on. They raised me right, put me thru college, and now they are willing to babysit whenever they are able. I know the raising was tough and college cost a lot but lately I'm more thankful for the free babysitting when your around.

I am thankful for the roof over our head and the security of flyboy's job. At times it may suck but thank goodness its there!

I am thankful for our health (and on that note our health insurance). We may deal with some blips here and there with dash-1 but nothing we can't easily manage compared to some of the heartache and pain others have to face. Nuisance? Yes. But really, nothing more then that. And trust me, for that I am so thankful.

I am thankful for the little things in life. Pink lemonade, watching Phineas and Ferb with the boys, coca cola, easy bedtimes, phone calls or emails from flyboy in the middle of the day, comments to post (yeah I'm not gonna lie), nice weather, a good pedicure, flip flops.... the list goes on.

I. Am. Thankful.

15 comments:

  1. I love reading stuff like what you have posted here. It is so important to take time out to be thankful more importantly to reconize the things to be thankful for! Sounds like you have it all figured out:p The greatfullness for flip flops is what tipped me off:p

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always great to read you. Personally, I am thankful for never getting vomit in my eye. And thankful for you sharing your household stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm thankful for you reminding me of everything I have to be thankful for, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, from a whine to thankful in one giant leap, life is good, right...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I apologized to my mom last time i saw her. If I was anything like my girls she put up wth a lot of crap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good reminder for all of us! Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D

    I'm with ya on the flip flops and pedicures. Ohhh spring get here faster!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I think I may need to do an "I'm Thankful" post soon... sometiems we need to remind ourselves, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. the list does go on and on doesn't it friend...

    thanks for the reminder :)

    ps - sorry to hear about the puke in the eye. and high five for making your way into one of the boroughs- after living in two different ones, i can say you are a brave woman!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet post. life really can be good when you stop & smell the roses, huh? I had a "poor me" Saturday, but yesterday a "thankful" day.

    Sorry about the puke in your eye though. that sounds horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, isn't it funny how a pedi can just make your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for being thankful, that helps me be reminded of all the things I have to be thankful for too. Flip flops! Yeah.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.