Sunday, April 5, 2009

its a whine!

Today is shaping up to be one of those days.

(In case you can't tell this is a little bit of a whiney post. I'm in one of those moods I wont lie. Just so I cover my bases, yes I love my kids, yes I love my husband, and yes I realize we choose this "lifestyle" and it could be worse. Now can I go on?)

We are back from our little adventure. My friend was saying that play dates should last about 2 1/2 hours. There is a reason for that.

Towards the end of their time together they couldn't help to get snippy... about everything. This makes for stressed out mommies. Especially when both daddies are away and we know we still have about a week of solo time. But all in all it was a fun time and nice to get a little break from the loneliness when flyboy is away.

The house is a mess, the kids aren't listening. I just want to lay on the couch. But really, the house is a mess and my mother in law is coming in seven days. Trust me, it will take that long to make ANY progress. So there is laundry to do, decluttering to the tenth degree, vacuuming, bathrooms to clean, dishes to unload, a playroom to .... I don't even know what could be done to that room, bedrooms to pick up.

Really I don't know how the house gets like this. Ah that's right, the cleanest one of all is away. That probably has a lot to do with it. (Read : everything to do with it)

And of course, the boys are experiencing selective hearing today. Severe selective hearing.

Ohhh and there is shoe shopping to be done. The stride r!te sale ends today and it makes more sense to by the shoes when they are on sale vs. when they aren't. But in case you aren't aware, kids shoe shopping is not as exciting (nor ever as easy) as shopping some cute sandals.

Especially boys. It would seem that our taste are a tad opposite.

And of course, flyboy has the day off. That's sticking in my craw a bit, I'm not going to lie. He's getting a day of peace and I'm feeling a tad at the end of my rope. (I know I know he's away from us, missing us terribly, blah blah blah. I get it...)

**update - I called flyboy and despite being a little groggy, he very patiently listened to me ramble then I sat the boys down for a lecture with their father via speaker phone. It worked for 5 mins and then the selective hearing kicked in. But a. kudos to flyboy for the help and b. I feel better knowing that the little one doesn't care to listen to either of us, just not me. **

All right enough whining and enough time wasting. I shall pick up my mopey arse and start getting something, ANYTHING, done. And perhaps I shall treat myself to a tuna sub for dinner tonight.

mmmmmmmm... tuna salad.......pardon me while I dream about my craving of the moment.....

10 comments:

  1. Hope your day starts to get better soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things calm down and you're able to get some stuff done! :)

    I've always joked that "whining/crying is like a rocking chair -- it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere" but at the same time, you'll definitely catch me sharing some whines on blogger -- I guess that's why I consider it a joke! :) I'm glad to see at the end of your post that you're definitely picking yourself up and getting to work! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are my favorite!!! i havent heard arse in a while! awesome. hang in there...the only place to go is up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad flyboy was able to administer parental duties via speaker phone.

    I get the "choose this lifestyle" thing allll the time and hate it. Why does that not give you the right to vent??

    Vent away my dear... and Good Luck getting the shoes!! I have faith when it comes to shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like when waterboy had to get on the phone and talk some sense in to my oldest when dash1 made her upset. I'm sorry they werent good for you when you got home. I wish you could have stayed today it was so beautiful we were at the parks all afternoon. Hope your shoe shopping went ok and dash1 got his shoes LOL. Hang in there and come back anytime

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your tuna sub made up for it! :D

    Einstein's parents have YEARS of home video footage, and one of my faves is an afternoon when he and his brother were about the age of the dashes and his dad taped them (unbeknownst to them!) while their mom was asking for help picking up. The ignored her for a good 15 minutes by pretending not to hear her, which I'm sure was frustrating for her at the time, but man, it makes for some hilarious video. A 3 and 5 year old pretending...needless to say, they weren't exactly smooth.

    So next time they're being obstinate, get it on tape! Then, twenty years from now you can show it to their girlfriends and laugh hysterically.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first visit to your blog... I thank you for YOUR service! I look forward to reading you again soon!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  8. tuna salad? I'd be craving french fries, hot, with lots of salt... but hey, that's what I want when I'm have a well deserved whine-athon. And you deserve it.

    And the next one who gives you the "lifestyle you chose" bit - a 2x4.. with nails.. upside the head. just a thought to brighten your day. I usually find something they like to complain about, [having kids, working for who ever the boss is, living wherever they live] and tell them they don't get to complain about anything to do with that either... usually makes them think a little, and when they think, they have to shut their mouths (multi tasking is difficult for morons, you know)


    LAW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do they really start with the selective hearing that young???

    Hope your day got better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, whining is allowed.

    Hugs, hope posting made you feel better.

    Ewww I remember shoe shopping with Zach. It was horrid. I only had one. Did you get through it? Did they get shoes?

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.