Friday, April 3, 2009

I have survived the day

Despite where we are stationed, I have never, ever, ventured near the "city". Now don't get all excited and think I grew a pair or anything I'm not in "the city". But I am in one of the boroughs.

And my friend tells me that its the most suburban of them all. I'd shoot myself if I had live this close to people. It took us 45 mins to make it home 15 miles. And that was good time apparently.

Her husband is away just like mine, she's frazzled just like me, her kids are climbing off the walls just like mine, she had zero plans for this weekend like me, and the kids really miss each other, so here we are. I made it down in one piece and thanks to the GPS my dad got me for Christmas, that I swore I would have no reason to use, I made not one wrong turn.

The kids got along famously, I mean one or two fights here and there but we started with four kids and we are ending the night with four kids.

The only downside of the day was dash-1 turning down his first marriage proposal. Apparently marriage does not seem fun enough for the young lad to commit himself just yet.

I'm not sure what tomorrow holds but today's adventure has turned out just fine. And now we are going to enjoy kid free peace and something that this state does extremely well... pizza. Actually its "The worlds best pizza" I shall report back to you all on that.

I know your on the edge of your seat on that one aren't you?

7 comments:

  1. Is this NY?? If that's the case it's the best pizza AND bagels. Must try the bagels too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with JLC- you gotta get the bagels! The bagels in LI are to die for! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys are having fun. I'm so happy you came down. Waterboy will be happy to hear Dash 1 turned down the marriage proposal but not to happy his 4 year old is thinking about marriage already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bagels are swell for sure! And I don't know if its just me, but NY always seems to have better lunch meat??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for not getting lost! Sounds like a fun time.

    And that's funny that dash-1 is already breaking hearts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I hate to tell you, but technically the boroughs ARE the city (the actual city is not that bad. one day I will take you there and you will love it). I am pretty sure I know which one you're in, too. If I'm right, then traffic there sucks hardcore. And there's only one actual mall.

    Heh.

    Have some pizza for me. I miss that and good chinese food already.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.