Monday, December 22, 2008

snow peeves

Snow season is upon us. We haven't had to much snow to speak of before now but sweet nancy did mother nature make up for lost time. About nine maybe ten inches fell on Friday and then another four or five fell on Sunday.

And for all you snow lovers who live in sunny warm places, don't tell me how jealous you are of me. Yes, snow is lovely. To look at. Living with this much of it leaves a little less to be desired. I'm starting to think that snow bird retirees who head to Florida over the winter are on to something.

Anyways, all this snow is of course leaving me with some snow peeves.

The biggest peeve I have is with the ninnies who are driving around with close to a foot of snow on top of their cars. Not only is it obnoxious to have all your snow blow off onto my car but its dangerous when a giant sheet of frozen snow/ice hauls back at 55 mph towards my windshield.

I will make allowances if its a little old lady (or man) driving, although maybe a friendly neighbor could help them out. But really if its someone my age get your broom and knock that snow off you lazy poop head. Really if you want to drive, knock off your snow.

My other pet peeve deals with the giant snow piles left in parking lots. They suck, yes they do, they take up a ton of spaces and I realize mall parking spaces are at a premium.

But....

It is not a parking space.

I don't care if you have wicked awesome four wheel drive and you could take your jeep on top of said snow pile. I'm not impressed by that. I mean I'm impressed with how well your car handles snow, especially living up here, and I might even be a bit jealous. But having a car parked half on a snow pile and half into on coming traffic hardly seems like a practical or good idea to me. I mean I'm just saying....

Whew. I think that's it. For now. Snow season can last until April up here. Something tells me I'll come up with a few more peeves before my sandals see the light of day again.

15 comments:

  1. I hate snow. I'm as polar opposite of a snow bunny as one can get. I don't mind cold weather. In fact, I enjoy it. I have been snow skiing ONCE. I fell going up the bunny slope on the rope tow thing and little kids stepped over me. After I failed at getting off the lift, that cemented it wasn't for me. If you insist I go with you, I'll wait for you at the bar. I'll be the one with the hot toddy and toasty toes.

    It was sunny and 67* here yesterday and it was 22* when I woke up this morning with wind blowing. Brrr. No snow, though.

    Stay warm and write "jackass" across their snowy back windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my SoCal version or one of your peeves...
    people that drive up the mountain to the snow, then purposely pile snow on top of their car just so they can drive back down the hill and have the snow fly off into my windshield. idiots.
    I saw some idiot driving with a little snowman on the roof!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got one for you. How about when you step in a melted snow puddle from someone who didn't take their shoes off on the rug in your house...This is possibly my BIGGEST peeve, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen sista!

    Snow is pretty on Christmas eve. After that I loathe snow. I grew up practically on the Canadian border on lake Ontario.

    :P

    'nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hear you on all of them.

    Driving around on post up here with people from all over the country makes for some interesting driving- especially when it's their first year up here.

    Luckily I'm use to the snow- if I wasn't I think it'd be too intimidated with the amount they get up here and just stay in the house all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm now convinced that I have the best of both worlds. I live in San Antonio, but get snow for Christmas in Iowa for all of four days. Then it's back to Texas where anything below 50 degrees is considered freezing!

    Ahhh...the good life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too funny. I can't lie and say that after living in the north my entire life, I wouldn't mind a couple inches. But the grass is always greener as they say. I am sure if we were still in NY this year, you would hear nothing but complaining from me.

    PS. You and I have the exact same logic on finding out what "it" is! I have friends who say "oh but it's the best surprise you will ever have!" Yes it is, but I am getting my surprise 20 weeks earlier than you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, you will love the picture I posted on my blog this AM.

    @Kiki -- HOLY CRAP I HATE GETTING WET SOCKS FROM MELTED SNOW FROM SHOES!!!!

    *deep breaths*

    Woah sorry. But that really bugs me that much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They had to close off the entrance to our apartment building as a large piece of ice was hanging off of someones airconditioner ready to kill someone. Ahh I love winter

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't envy you the snow, but I can't help wishing it were a bit cooler here for Christmas. It's hard to get into the holiday spirit when it's 80 degrees out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only really like to look at the snow, and only on Christmas. It can be summer the rest of the year. But living up north kind of interferes with my plan...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coming from Chicago I can say...AMEN to this post!

    Ugh snow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate snow as well, despite living in one of the snowiest states ever. I wish that the snow would last from November 27 to December 26. After that it gets really old really fast.

    And I'm with you on the snow peeves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate the snow, although I like to look at it, I hate to drive in it. I used to live in Utah, but moved to California in 1996. It doesn't snow here, but this year it is very cold - 39 degrees. Still it's better than idiots who park on top of snow piles are drive like crazy because they have 4-wheel drive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm hating the snow also. i want it to be summer... how long until summer? skip spring, jump right into summer.

    i need matt to get stationed in hawaii.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.