Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bye bye bug

There is no pink in my house. There are no dolls which means no frilly doll clothes, no doll shoes, no doll houses. Nothing girly at all. Well my tampons. But really do those count?

Instead there are lots of cars, lots of airplanes, legos, things that can be made into swords, lots of navy blue, lots of green, lots... of boy stuff. Occasionally I think of pink with a little pang of missing out but this morning I got some payment for dealing with all this blue boy stuff.

I walked into the bathroom and what did I find but Dash-1 picking up a bug with toilet paper and disposing of it for me. He was quite proud of himself. Granted I think he did use half a roll of tp but still its the thought that counts.

My heart went all pitter patter, perhaps my days as being the bug killer are over. Could it be?

Finally, my boys are starting to earn their keep.

8 comments:

  1. Hey thats why I had kids. To kill bugs find the remote and mix martinis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niiice! Whenever I find a bug and DH isn't home, I call Howie. That dog will eat anything. Granted, I will probably have to wipe poo juice off of him later, but I didn't have to mess with the bug!

    Um, totally didn't mean to compare your son to my dog...foot in mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet of Dash-1!! Just wait soon enough you'll have Dash-2 also picking up bugs and you'll hardly see any!!

    If you'll be around the Px or Commissary at WP this weekend maybe we'll run into each other! I'll be there for a wedding. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for Dash-1 and 2! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very chivalrous of Dash-1! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it sad that I kill spiders for my big, strong, manly husband? He kills all the other bugs, but he makes me kill the spiders. This makes me think that we will need to have a son to take over that responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, cute!! Little boys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww what a sweet boy!

    can he come over and teach beans? this morning she saw a bug and headed in the opposite direction!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He needs to come teach Wyatt that trick, lol. My little boy is a bit of a wimp around bugs. Maybe he'll grow out of it? Or the little one will just eat the bugs, like he did the nasty old banana he found today..ugh. Well, at least the floor is a little cleaner.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.