Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cookie Exchange

I saw a post on Kerri at Latte Buddies about a Cookie Exchange that Tracy at the Journey is having just in time for the Christmas cookie season. And since I am just starting my Christmas cookie baking I figured I'd join in and hope to find some new goodies.

This is a new recipe that I came across the other day. Not that my staple of egg free cookies aren't good but I wanted to find some new ideas, granted they have eggs so I have been making cookies after the boys go to bed but flyboy is pleased he has them all to himself. He loves these and he says their his new favorite cookie. It's simple and quick to make and they seem to disappear fast.

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 tbl of brandy
(if you dont have brandy around you can use vanilla I've tried it with both and while its still yummy with vanilla the brandy gives it good flavor)
1 1/2 cup of flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries

Beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Then add the brandy and egg, cream together and then slowly add in the flour and baking soda. When thoroughly mixed, add the chocolate chips and cranberries. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

7 comments:

  1. These sound delicious! Do you think regular chocolate chips would work as well as white chocolate ones? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds super good! I had a white chocolate cranberry bagel at Panera a while back, and it was such a delicious combination! Thanks for joining the festivities. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you joined in! Your cookies sound wonderful. Hmm, wonder if my guy would like me to bake cookies for him? He LOVES fruitcake and I'm definitely not making that! It's our first Christmas together in the states after his unaccompanied tour in Germany -- gotta find something special to do for him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm! Anything with cranberries is a hit around these parts! With ME anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm yum. I've been saying I'm going to start my Christmas cookies for a week and there's been no progress yet. They sound very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sound great! I think I need to borrow your egg free recipes for Junior.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.