Monday, May 31, 2010

Remembering


On this day that is meant for remembering, I'm going to remember to be thankful. To be thankful that my husband made it thru war safe and sound. To remember that when he came home, he walked off his plane and into my arms.

I am going to remember and be thankful, that while my kids miss daddy while he's away, he's always come home.

I am going to remember that for so many other families their sacrifice has been far greater then I can imagine.

For those who never returned home in the way they should have, who left widows and never met babies, for mom's who's hearts break over the loss of their grown up little ones, for dad's who shoulder the grief of losing a child who was following in their footsteps..... for all the Soldiers, Airman, Marines, and Sailors who have lost their lives in the pursuit of freedom, for that I remember and I am thankful.

Today and everyday.

7 comments:

  1. Very beautifully said! Thank you, Flyboy household, for all of your sacrifices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! I just wish everyone remembered what the day is really all about- I'm so tired of people just saying "YES, 4 day weekend, no work on Monday!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written. I am truly grateful for the sacrifices all military families have made for our country. Many thanks to yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful. Thank you all for your service

    ReplyDelete
  5. Echoing the words of everyone else-- very beautifully written. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.