Saturday, February 20, 2010

Questions.... part 1

What goes together like peanut butter and jelly? Questions and answers!

{And questions and answers don't need an epi pen on stand by. Cant say that about PBJ's around here}

So without further ado.....

From Heather: Why did you start blogging?
I was reading other military blog and thought that it was a great way to sort out all the various stuff that ran thru my head. Being a stay at home mom with little kids and a husband away a lot I just wanted to make sure that I still knew how to string together a sentence.

What's kept you blogging?
I live for comments.

I'm kidding. Well I'm not but that's not why I blog, its just a happy side effect. {Want to keep me happy keep commenting!} I don't think that there is anyone out there who is just sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for me to hit the publish button so honestly, I do it still because I like it. I've gotten to really know some great people out there, I like to think that I make some of you laugh, I've kept a record of the zany things my kids have done, all in all... very worth it.

And did I mention the comments....

From Erin:
What is your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night?
I like the peace and quiet of my kids in bed. I'm a pretty simple girl. Flyboy is reading, I'm doing this.... we are exciting. Maybe later we'll clean up the kitchen. {I'm hoping to just avoid that till tomorrow.}

Do you ever think about having a Dash-4?
Sigh. This is a bit of a very heated debate around here. If you ask flyboy there is no debate, the plan was to have three, we have three. Three boys at that. BUT. {There is always a but} There is a part of me that feels like maybeeeeeee there is room for another dash around here.

Honestly I'm not as frazzled as I thought I would be. Maybe that will change, but I almost feel like I'm a better mom now then I was a couple years ago, I've hit a good stride. So maybe there will be more. {Flyboy is frowning}

From Ashley:
What is your least favorite thing about being a military spouse? What is your favorite thing about being a military wife?

Hmmm... favorite thing? I like sleeping with a Marine. And if I weren't a Marine wife then my husband would probably have a problem with that. So since I like sleeping with a Marine it really works out well.

In all seriousness there are lots of good things, as corny as it maybe there is a sense of service to my country. My husband might be the one actually willing to take up arms and risk his life, but I'm the one who is supporting him and keeping our family together. Not always a small task.

Other favs? The commissary ROCKS. And my husband looks wicked good in a flight suit. WICKED GOOD.

Least favorite part? Two, the first and foremost is not having flyboy around all the time. No need to even expand on that, its just that simple. And the fact that you don't always have a whole lot of control over your life. It can often feel like someone else is pulling the strings....sometimes for their own enjoyment!

From JG:
If you could do ANYTHING tomorrow, what would it be?
Sleep. Seriously.

What's your favorite color?
Blue. Navy blue, light blue, french blue, i love me some blue. Makes having three boys all the more better.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Corny but I always wanted to be a mom. I thought about being a lawyer or a politician or something razzle dazzle like that, but I always had it in my head that once I had kids, that's what I would do...raise 'em up!

{I clearly did not take into account that as a mom you don't get sick days or to close the bathroom door.}

From Trudy:I will second the question about how do you and Flyboy meet?
Chance.

Flyboy's father was also a Marine, his last duty station was about 40 min south of where I grew up. They were due to go to Hawaii but instead, his dad retired and they ended up moving a bit north to the next town over. This was the summer of his freshman year in high school, we ended up in AP English together in his senior year {my junior year}.

It was not love at first sight. Or rather he didn't let on. I'm pretty sure he was smitten from day one, I was *hot* in high school. {Flyboy and my brother are probably laughing since both remember what I looked like}. Anywho... one thing led to another, we started dating in Dec, off he went in the summer, we dated for about another 2 yrs, and then the long distance thing took its toll.

We spent some time apart and then right after 9/11 I emailed him to make sure he was ok, we started emailing, met up for dinner one night, parted as friends but I think both of us realized something was still there.

We ended up meeting up one week at a halfway point, the city of brotherly love. I remember looking at him when we were walking around in the freezing cold and thinking, this is it we are just meant to be, this is who I want to grow old with.

We did the long distance thing for about six months, we were engaged at the end August, married in December and its been seven years and its even better then the day we said I do.

Proof that... A. distance cant kill a relationship. B. sometimes a little time off is a good idea and C. if its meant to be its meant to be.

From the New Girl on Post :If you were a spice which one would you be?
Oh easy peasy, Garlic. Is garlic considered a spice? I *heart* garlic. I put it in EVERYTHING.

What is your favorite thing to cook?
Hmmmm..... I just came up with a really good healthy chicken Parmesan in a mushroom red sauce, thats good and I'm dying to make it again. And my turkey burgers. Ground turkey, spinach, mushrooms, onions, {garlic} and feta. I'll have to post the recipe on that one, I shared it with Erin and apparently it was a hit in her house.

What is your idea of the perfect day?
Everyone sleeps in. And behaves. No one cries or goes into time out. No parental yelling. Lots of laughing, lots of smiles, sunshine, time outside. And then they ask for an early bedtime. Oh and flyboy is home.

I didn't want to make this post too long. Is there even still anyone reading? So part 2 will be out in another day or two.... and drumroll..... flyboy will be answering questions.

{He doesn't actually know this yet but trust me. He will.}

11 comments:

  1. A Pink Dash sure would be cute running around! Of course I was so done at three, but I'm old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 kiddos is fun :) especially after bath time when they are all tired and clean and cuddly. However not so much at the commissary ;) lol But I have more clean cuddly time than commissary time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A) The commissary DOES ROCK!
    B) Heck YES to garlic!
    C) Recipe please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any yet, so I think it's awesome that you'd consider a 4th. I was the middle kid, and didn't enjoy it.

    I'm with you on the what did I want to be when I grew up. I've always wanted to be a mom, and P and I have had many discussions on this in terms of the career front. It's not that I'm not ambitious, but I don't want to work full time when I have kids, I want to be a full time mom. I think he's starting to understand that finally. :)

    I also add garlic to everything I can. Even to sauces already flavored with garlic. Mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Thanks for answering some questions. I'm new to your blog so it's nice to learn some things about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recipe, please, indeed! Your posts often make me laugh, especially the things your kids say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie the Army WifeFebruary 21, 2010 at 3:31 PM

    I liked reading about when you met :)

    I always wanted to be a mom too :) And well a nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at Turkey Burgers....everything in them sounds great......spill missy!!! and thanks for answering my question

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, this is fun! i'm enjoying your answers :)

    ~Mrs. 2nd Lt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Texted you Saturday. I was out all day. Any more ideas on the name??
    Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it wrong that there's nothing I love more than a love story that includes a breakup or two? I just want to feel normal! :-p

    Sleeping with a Marine is pretty awesome, I agree. :-D

    Sounds like I need to learn to use garlic. My mom never used it in her recipes, so I am lacking in that area. You should write me a tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.