Monday, February 8, 2010

a fitting name

There are tough times as a parent, scraped knees, broken hearts, those just tug at a parents insides.

There are other times that are just as tough. Like when your kids do or say something that you know as the parent you shouldn't find funny but you do anyways.

Case in point today.

When I picked up dash-1 from school I saw the other kids coming out before him with little brown bears they had made when they did a bear unit. I heard the other kids telling their parents what they had named their bears, one little girl called her's goldilocks, most everyone had a normal name.

And then comes dash 1.

{sigh}

I asked him as we walked to the car what his bears name was....

Meet mr. poopy

Yes that's right. mr. poopy.

I did my parental thing and said "Well I don't know if that's an appropriate name, why don't we call him something else."

"Because mom, he looks like poo,. See he's brown and lumpy."

And in case your wondering he only has one voice and its an outside voice so all the parents heard us and a few turned around laughing.

Again I did the whole necessary, that's not appropriate, blah blah, but to be honest, the kid is on to something and I seem to be wrong. It does kinda look like poop and mr. poopy does seem pretty darn appropriate.

Just cause I'm a mom doesn't mean I've lost my sense of humor.

And its not like he named him mr. sh*thead or something. Now that would have been inappropriate.

26 comments:

  1. This is true, it could always be worse :) But that's still pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he is keeping it real! That was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are too funny! She should write a book or Dash Kids Calendar of Funny Quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a perfect name, and something my Abs would do. I swear they are destined to marry and provide us with extremely interesting children in the far far far future.

    Abs has a camel named camel-flage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, I'm thinking its a pretty perfect name :) too hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way our kids' minds work. They are true comedians and don't even know it. So cute! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on this one. While I also wouldnt admit it to my kids, the name is quite fitting =D Now what will be really funny, is if we get an update from you 10 years from now and Mr. Poopy became Dash - 1's fave stuffed animal haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHA!!! I love Mr. Poopy!! But I'm the twisted kinda gal that would let her kiddo tell the world that he named his bear Mr. Poopy. We don't have kids yet though, maybe I'll change my mind when the time comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahaha! :D
    That's the thing about little ones.. they're still honest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr. Poopy. Sadly, I know a few other things that deserve that name, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Honestly, I can always count on you to make me burst out laughing at 11:45 at night when my entire family is trying to sleep!

    Boys are the greatest. And so honest too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha - I'm with the dash on this one. Mr. Poopy it is!

    ...you're kid's a genius. (not a single ounce of sarcasm intended, in case you were wondering. I really think he's probably the smartest kid in his class.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahahahahahahhhhhaaaaaahhhhaaahaha!
    That is hi-lar-ious! And I was going to say mr poopy sounds like a fine name, but frankly between that and camel-flage I am laughing so hard I can't so much breathe...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha I am in love with Dash-1's mind! That is just fantastic and so fitting! Embrace Mr. Poopy... it's probably the best name any of those kids came up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey. He's just telling it like it is. And he's adorable. Mr. Poopy. He he.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, seriously...dash 1 is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha. You little one is too funny.

    I just wanted to stop by and thank you for following!

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I say Mr. Poopy is just fine! How cute.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.