Monday, February 22, 2010

I wanna

I hate when my kids say "I wanna"....

When it comes from their mouths its usually followed by some crap they've seen on tv or something equally useless. Not to mention when I hear "I wanna" I tend not to hear an ever important, please, tossed in there.

But you know what? I have a little "I wanna" of my own.

I wanna go to the beach. I wanna make like a bird and head south.

I wanna walk across the dry sand that feels like it might just burn thru the bottom of my feet. I wanna sit on my towel and absent mindedly scoop up sand over and over with my hands.

I wanna smell the salt air from the ocean breeze.

I wanna hear the giggles and squeals of my boys as they run from the waves, build sandcastles, and hunt for seashells.

I wanna stand in the wet sand while the waves crash at my feet.

I wanna walk across the beach and see all the different size footprints of our family.

I wanna escape the cold.

I wanna go to the beach. I really really wanna go to the beach.

oh, and, before I forget.... please.

19 comments:

  1. I wanna go too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come please? And can we add a delicious pina colada to this dream?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good list. The south is still a little too cold to get in the water, so you might have to keep drifting farther south. Mexico? That sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm, that sounds nice......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go too take me with you. Our kids would have so much fun together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our beach is really cold (for us) right now, so you don't want to come to the west coast. :) I recommend the caribbean

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you said please

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to book our trip to Corpus pretty soon. It'll be warm there by then. If Greg gets sent to that school and can't go, you, Flyboy and the dash brothers can fly here and drive us all down there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds just like my last post!! I am over winter!! Send me to the BEACH!!! PLEASE! The sad thing is that I have never been to the beach!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've really enjoyed reading your blog! It's good to have something to look forward to and day dream about. Turn the heat up a little bit, make yourself a pina colada and watch a fun getaway movie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I'm so with you right now on wanting to be at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  12. how is the comment thing working? The only issue I have is that it won't let me log in to comment under my blogger (blogspot) ID...says my URL is invalid. But the google one works. Can you email me and let me know your readons for updateing to this? Hope you don't mind...just curious. HAve you gotten any neg feedback or WAY lower comments?

    Have a great evning :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. or this one....hope you don't mind...I just am trying to get how to work it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is snowing very hard here and although it's pretty I am dreaming of the beach, the salty smelling air and a gentle sea breeze. (Not to mention above freezing temperatures) Love the way you described it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I havent been to the sea in 2 years. I used to live in Jax, FL but now Im back in Ohio. I feel your pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. come visit....I'm not right near the ocean, but we could make a trip or two out there...and there is no snow...though it's a bit chillier than I would like. How about you come to SC, and then I'll finish the rest of the leg down to Florida...the Keys???

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.