Tuesday, February 16, 2010

happy birthday dash 1

My sweet boy, you're five now. You were, and still are, my first baby. But then again, you aren't so much a baby anymore.

I won't drone on and on about how special you are to me, how much I love you with every piece of my heart, how I never understood total and unconditional love until I had you placed in my arms, after all, you know all that.

Let me tell you how much I love you in a different way....

every time you roll your eyes at me. i love you

every time you sigh and say "oh mom". i love you

every time you stick your hand out and tell me "talk to the hand". i love you

every time I ask you to do something and you mutter under your breath about how you have to do everything. i love you

every time you don't hear me, but yet I know you do. i love you

i. love. you

I didn't know what to expect when you came into my life five years ago, its been an amazing ride, one that has so many more years {although fyi, at some point, despite what you like to say, you do have to move out}

Happy birthday my sweet boy. And remember, everything you do, i love you.



14 comments:

  1. Tell him Rob and I say Happy Birthday! I hope he had a wonderful birthday that maybe included some vegan cake! He is a great, funny, adorable kid and it's obvious that he's turning out so well because he was born to such a great family. Love to everyone!

    (By the way, I need to get the entire family's bday schedule from you since your brother apparently knows no one's birthdays. Sigh.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one today! I've already found about 3 with a birthday today before dash 1, mine's tomorrow so my interest was peaked. Happy Birthday dash 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy birthday to Dash-1! Gotta say, I had to laugh at the "talk to the hand" part - that comes by age 5?? Geez. I've got a lot of preparing to do. Loved the post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Dash 1!!

    May you continue to provide excitement to your mom and dad, but give them a little break every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww =). Happy b-day Dash 1 (and D-1's Mama) =) .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! Happy Birthday dash-1. Thanks for all the great stories we get to hear about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far 5 has been great for us! I hope it is for you too :) Happy birthday Dash 1.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must have missed this post!!

    Happy Birthday to the coolest, smartest, funniest, darling-est kid I have ever known :)

    Hope it was a great day for you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that was a really sweet post. Happy bday Dash 1

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.