Sunday, May 4, 2008

Leave flyboy style

Flyboy is on leave again. And this time two whole weeks of it. I should say that this doesn't happen often, the only reason he has this much time off is because he could only sell so much back by mid May before starting a new contract. Perhaps if he was better about taking it (or if the squadron was better about letting him take it) throughout the year (years) he wouldn't have to take it when not much of anything was going on. Regardless its nice for him to get a break from work. Although I did catch him on the phone with the FDO talking about a trip that was overlapping with his leave, I saw the twinkle in his eye as he briefly thought about taking it. Then he saw me standing there and caught the look in my eye.

The boys are excited to have daddy home for two whole weeks. Dash-1 keeps asking if flyboy is really going to be home the whole time or if maybe he'll go into work just to sit in the airplanes. I am looking forward to having some company around here that doesn't poop in his pants or flush his elmo underpants down the toilet (and in case your wondering yes they do flush down standard toilets). But yet at the same time.... 2 weeks. 2 weeks at home. Forgive me for saying this but yikes. I can not for the life of me think about when this happened last, even for our honeymoon we only took four days to go away. Post deployments he takes the ten days they give him, same for when we had the boys.

We have such a routine down, I'm just so used to doing my thing as the alpha parent. We shall make room for daddy the next two weeks. And we couldn't just sit around the house, although there are so many things that need done around here, so what else is a family to do? Road trip of course! Gas maybe near four bucks but that isn't going to stop us. We are going to see my parents for a few days, enjoy some free babysitting, take the boys on a fun outing or two and then its off to see flyboys parents way out in Pennsyltuckey (trust me its a very fitting nickname) and enjoy some time out there. I'm not even bothered that I'm spending mothers day with my in laws and their five large dogs. Nope not a bit. I'm just looking forward to some family fun.

And who knows maybe will I'm gone I'll compose a post to discuss feminism some more. We all seemed to enjoy that one.

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy your two weeks with Flyboy! Sounds like you have some good stuff planned and it takes you just enough out of your routine that you won't feel weird not being the alpha parent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the leave! Can't wait to hear about your adventures when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time with your husband on leave. I hope you make some wonderful memories together, and simply enjoy each other's company.

    Daniel has the next two weeks off as well - our time will be spent settling into our house. Your time off sounds like MUCH more fun! :)

    Oh, and enjoy the five dogs too! The thought of that made me shiver a little bit... :)

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is AWESOME! I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL time together as a family. There is nothing more fulfilling than just being together as a family and getting away from routine. I hope you guys really enjoy the time away and I especially hope you and the hubby can get away for a little bit and enjoy some one on one time with each other that too is so so important! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try to enjoy not being the alpha parent. I'm sure you really will like having the two weeks and I will be looking forward to hearing the "interstate adventures"

    If you do another feminism post I promise not to get on my soapbox ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time and a great trip you deserve it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey now! Let's not be dissin' PA. It has its good points...if you like massive amounts of junk food, the civil war, and road construction. :)

    Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy the two weeks!

    I'm intrigued though by the reference to Elmo underpants going down the toilet. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time....but it's amusing hearing about it secondhand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a good time with Flyboy and I can't believe the underpants flush down! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your leave!! I'm quite jealous, actually...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your time together!!! I haven't been doing this quite as long as you have, but I definitely understand that "my territory is being invaded" feeling when you have to start sharing the house again :). Though, it is a good thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My loving husband refers to it as Pennsyltucky as well (too funny)! Enjoy the time with your man. The kids must be beside themselves.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.