Friday, June 18, 2010

Quick and Easy Pork Marinade

I wish I sat down to meal plan and write out a detailed list before I go to the commissary but I have three kids {and little boys at that!} and live a life of pretty much constant chaos so I don't.

There is little rhyme or reason to me at the store, I am a zealot about coupons but other then that I just grab what I think I'll need.

After all, with 3 boys and a husband everything will eventually get eaten right? Right.

So when I go meat is no different, I just go thru the meat section and grab a bunch. A couple things of ground turkey, some chicken breast, maybe a flank steak if I'm feeling spendy, pork chops, maybe a pork loin.... you get the idea, I just grab something and figure out what to do with it later.

And that we like meat. {This afternoon dash2 looked up at me and informed me he wanted meat for dinner. When I asked him what kind he looked at me, quite seriously and said "just meat, I want meat"}

Last week I grabbed a pork loin and when it came up in the dinner rotation I wasn't sure what to do with it. Usually I just smear on some bbq sauce and call it a day. If I'm feeling spiffy I'll stuff it with artichoke hearts, some ricotta cheese, and spinach, very yummy.

But I didn't want either one of those. And I didn't know what I wanted. So I did a little goggling and I found this marinade:

2 tbl seasoning salt
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil

Dissolve the seasoning salt in the balsamic vinegar {this doesn't take but a few minutes}. Mix the vinegar and the olive oil. Place the pork loin in ziploc bag and then pour in the marinade in, squeeze out as much air as possible.

Let the pork sit anywhere from 2 hours to overnight.

Holy Crap, it was delicious. Ah-maz-ing. Quick easy and everything that I already had in the pantry. I would have taken a picture but it didn't last long enough, maybe next time....

7 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome. And reminds me that the meal I made for dinner tonight, I had planned an elaborate recipe post around, complete with step-by-step photos ala Pioneer Woman. And just remembered. And we finished eating two hours ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good. And I do meal plans! They're time consuming but help lower the grocery bill. Or at least the take out bill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delish, and looks gluten-free too! :) We'll have to try that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also a planner, like Allison said, it keeps our grocery bill in check. If I don't we would eat out all the time (because I'm lazy and don't like to think of things to make). I make myself sit down and do a week at a time, that way its done and I know what I'm making! Sounds so simple when I type it out!

    Also, that marinade sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to try that! My husband got a smoker for Father's Day and we smoked a pork loin last night. I will for sure have to try out this marinade next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. I haven't had pork like that in like forever. Hmmm... you just gave me an idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! thanks for that!

    i left you something on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.