Thursday, December 31, 2009

Its been a banner year

Sweet Jesus it's 2010 already?

Every year flyboy says the same thing, "this year will be a banner year for the flyboy familiy".

{He uses our real last name, it'd just be silly to refer to oursevlves as the flyboys when you all aren't listening. But then again if I used our real names here I wouldn't be very good at this anonymous stuff now would I?}

He started saying that back in 2005 when we were expecting dash-1, he said it in following years regarding money, more kiddos, promotions, moving, school starting, all that kinda stuff.

As 2008 was winding down we had a bit of a blow when I had a miscarriage, as 2009 started we didn't know that I was pregnant again, we weren't sure what would happen next but as I type this a year later, little dash-3 is sleeping peacefully in my arms.

We spent a lot of time apart, we might not have always been together when we would have liked, or needed to be, but as this year winds down we are. In a year when so many people have lost someone we are ending the year not just together but with one more.

In a year when so many are struggling financially, when jobs and homes have been lost, we might have had some water "mishaps" in the hallway but there is still a roof over our head.

This year has been filled with ups and downs. Some months held more downs then ups, more tears and frustrations then I would have liked but all in all, I look back at 2009 with smiles and I look ahead to 2010 with hope. And I wish the same for all of you.

But no matter what is to come, you were right flyboy, 2009 was a banner year for us.

11 comments:

  1. Happy 2010! May it be a great year for us all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to the up and up my darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2009 really started and ended on a high note for me. And I'm so excited for 2010, to be unpregnant and meet the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glasses up. May 2010 be a banner year for us all. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year...here's to a stellar 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! I think your husband is right. This will be a Banner year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it certainly SOUNDS like a banner year. Wow... *cheers* here's to another one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glasses raised and I say to you Slainte!"In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, but never in want. ~ Traditional Irish toast"

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.