Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy birthday dash 2!

Today my sweet boy, you turn three.

{Remember that, three, not five like you keep telling people.}

My sweet, you and I have a special connection. We are both middle kids, we both follow exceptionally loud, talkative siblings, and most of all, our personalities are identical. Although I don't growl at people, though I wish I could. You look so much like your father yet are so much like me.

I can't help but smile when I watch you, you know how to fly under the radar, how to quietly sit back and observe, and how to stir the pot. I see those wheels turning in your head just like my mother saw mine. Except you're far more stubborn. You are hands down our most stubborn child. I'm able to stare down your brother but you, you just put your hands on your hips, furrow your brow, and stare back.

Something tells me come the teenage years you will be quite the formidable opponent. Something to look forward too.

You are a delightful child. When you were a baby I had no idea just how delightful you would be. You were a mellow baby but now you're a funny little boy with a personality that radiates from you, you're quick to make me laugh and trust me my dear, that sense of humor will serve you well in life.

I love you my sweet.

I love your little voice, the way you pop into the kitchen and ask "what smells sooooo dewishis (delicious)?" all while rubbing your tummy. I love your sparkling blue eyes, the way you light up when we read stories, I love how you give me big hugs and tell me I'm your best girl, I love how you put your hands on your hips when your a superhero, I love how snugly you are in your jammies, I love how you tell knock knock jokes {knock knock? whos there? Dash-2? Dash-2 who? dash-2 is a knockin on your door!!! All while fist pumping, its hilarious.}

Simply put, I love you. All of you my dear.

Happy third birthday my sweet boy.

18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dash 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute picture! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious! Happy Birthday Dash-2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo! Happy Birthday, Dash-2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Dash 2!

    May you continue to give your mom all the joy you can, and please, please, please potty train for her and then come teach Junior. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww. Happy birthday, little dash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Happy Birthday! What a precious little "five" year old you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweetie :) Happy Birthday to him :)

    My youngest will be 3 next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Dash-2! What a great picture of him too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a grrrrreat birthday, Dash-2!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cutie! Happy Birthday, little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww! Happy birthday sweet boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated Birthday Dash 2!!!! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww... I want one!

    Happy Birthday, Dash 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww...*tears* Such a sweet post...

    Happy *belated* Birthday to Dash 2!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love me some Dash-2. This was a great post. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.