Sunday, December 13, 2009

I'm cold dammit

It was 17 balmy degrees this morning.

It's gotten just warm enough for icy rain. Delightful. All around the county roads are shut down since everything is now coated in a sheet of ice. Even the inches of snow that we had on the ground has gone from pretty to look at to deadly since it too is now covered in a slippery, crispy top layer of ice.

However watching dash-2 slip slidding across it this morning was rather entertaining. Must be nice to be so light weight you don't sink into it.

I think I'm going to start using aerosol hairspray again to speed up this so called global warming.

{I wonder if this snarky post will now come up in global warming searches and I'll get hateful comments for months like I still do with the uniform one. Bring it on you enviro nuts people. Bring. It. On.}

Forgive me I'm a bit bitter when I'm freezing my arse off.

I'm so over winter and it hasn't even started yet.

15 comments:

  1. I must ask, what uniform one? About the bags? If that's the case I'm on your side. One girl in the command course started preaching about how we wives have no authority in the FRG, only our husbands so we need to shut the hell up. And all the while I was staring at her purse with her husband's ranger patch, and airborne wings, and unit patches, thinking she had no ground to stand on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I get all bitchy when it is cold outside too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to internet slap me when I tell you it's 70 degrees here right now? And it will be again tomorrow? Muhahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same weather here. I'll be right outside with you with my own hair spray can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a nice 73 degrees today in Central Texas! We got to wear shorts while we raked our leaves! Glad I am not in the cold. I hate being cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was about to say the same thing as 2 other bloggers... it was in the 70's here today. I will trade places with you for a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha... it was muggy today... and hot... I'd love to trade places with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll empty my hairspray bottles too.

    I've got your back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yuck! I can't imagine. It didn't get out of the 30's for a few days and I thought I was going to freeze then. I hope it warms up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not quite that cold here, but it's cold enough for me to be over winter also.

    I signed up to receive all the comments you get on the uniform post and it cracks me up. I especially love the comments where the commenter actually took the time to tell you you're wasting your time posting about that topic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I thought I was cold at 40 degrees.
    Brrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 17 degrees! Goodness! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ew that weather does not sound pretty. Yikes! :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. it is way cold up here I'm so still adjusting from Hawaii.brrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I notice you did not link to the bag post! Is that thing *still* getting comments??

    Don't hate me, but I had to turn my freakin' A/C on Sunday and Monday because it was 80's and humid as hell. I would love some snow, or ice, right now...

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.