Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ode to wrinkle cream

I have a problem, I'm a brow furrower. I don't know why, it doesn't have anything to do with how bright it is, if I'm wearing sunglasses or regular glasses, if I'm pissy or in a fine mood. In the grand words of Nike I just do it.

About a year ago I noticed that dash-1 was a brow furrower. At first I just thought he was in a nasty mood, then I noticed that he did it even when he was zoned out so to say. And then I looked in the rear view mirror and caught myself doing it. All the time.

And now I'm noticing little wrinkles. Little 11 lines between my eyebrows. I've tried to stop but alas, it's some unstoppable thing I do. I asked flyboy for botox but he didn't quite see the need. So I bought this stuff. Garnier Ultra-Lift cream and started using it last week. It's about 13 bucks which did seem a bit pricey to me (I'm cheap. Really cheap) but significantly cheaper then botox.


Can I just say, I'm in love. I figure if I start using this stuff now I can keep on brow furrowing and the plan is working. My wrinkles are getting better and well, now I can focus on driving instead of checking out my wrinkles in the rear view mirror.

Really we are all safer for it.

10 comments:

  1. I am a squinter...will it work for that? $13 is cheap compared to botox and/or plastic surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I had looked at that stuff! I'm glad to know it's got a good review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip, I'm a brow furrower too.


    and ps, I wish you would have kept that horrendous 3 1/2 thing to yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I'll have to look into that. I'm a squinter too...I dont know why either. My eye sight is just fine, I just squint when I read things. weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the deep furrows between my brows, and the wrinkles on my forehead. I've tried several things, but my problem is consistency...I keep forgetting to use it! I will have to see about that stuff. I do LOVE their eye roller, for the puffy undereye bags...got caffeine in it...zaps the sacks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you and I have something in common. I have been doing it since birth. You can see in my very first hospital picture I am doing it LOL. I hate when people ask me if I am upset because like you said I JUST DO IT. I can't control it! But I worry about the wrinkles it will cause as well. Maybe I will look into this stuff. Wondering if it's a good moisturizer as well??? Is that a stupid question? I think it may be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sister #1 has what we call a "perma-wrinkle" from her squinting / brow furrowing. She got a family picture done, and was sooooo excited because the photographer photoshopped it out for her. So in our family we don't buy the cream - we just erase the photographic evidence! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, good to know! I'm not a brow furrower (yet) but I'm working on a couple lines that I'd like to nip in the bud.

    I have to tell you that your comment on JLC's blog CRACKED me up, about Dash-1 being your souvenier. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. really? I'm a squinter & a smiler, leaving lines that are joining me in my 30's. May need to check that out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will it work for the wrinkles under my eyes? I always used to rub them and am paying for it now! I'm also an eyebrow raiser so I have those wrinkles on the top of my forehead--I can't stop!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.