Monday, February 16, 2009

My birthday boy

Last week a certain little blonde hair, blue eyed, motor mouthed cutie turned four. That's right the big 0-4!

I'm pretty certain I said this last year and I'm pretty certain I'll say this again next year (and every one there after) I don't know how we've already gotten to this point. Really it seems like just yesterday you were a tiny baby, just babbling and watching the world go by.
You are fast becoming an honest to goodness little boy you now wants to take on the world rather then watch it from the sidelines.
You might look more like me little man, but you are all your father. You have his intensity, his fire, his drive. This is coming at a cost to me, just yesterday I bought wrinkle cream for the first time. But I see the light in your eyes and I know where you got it from. And I have some idea of what it means.

Some along the way might try to squeeze you into a mold, face it kiddo, you much like your father, aren't meant to be squeezed into a mold. You my dear are a doer and a thinker. Already it seems you are finding your voice and standing firmly on your own two feet.

Again I say this every year but I can't wait to see what you become in life, what path you will chose. I've seen such growth and maturity this year, I cant even begin to imagine what your going to be doing this time next year, let alone when your 18! As you finished up your third year of life you were writing your name, writing words down, trying to sound out words, getting yourself dressed, and becoming an actual helper around the house.

On of the greatest joys of being a mom is been being blessed to watch you grow into a little gentleman. Here's to another year of ups and downs, spills and messes, heartache and joy, hugs and kisses, and endless, unconditional love. Even when you drive me crazy.

Happy birthday to you, my very special little four year old.

14 comments:

  1. Aw! How sweet! Happy Birthday Dash-1!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so incredibly sweet! Happy birthday to your adorable Dash-1!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday sweet boy :)

    and happy special day to you too mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Dash-1!

    You make beautiful kids BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the sap. happy birthday to your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!!

    4 is such a fun age :) (Nathan is about to be 4 in April. Where does the time go??)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Dash-1! Amazing how fast they grow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday to Dash-1! I hope he gets to read these thoughts you wrote to him when he's older. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful note to him...Happy Birthday Dash-1! He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a sweet post! (and as an aside, he does look a lot like you)

    happy late birthday, dash-1!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He looks so old in that picture. I love the sweater How did our babies get to be 4

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.