Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I have a confession.

I'm starting to get into the holiday spirit.  I know I know, its not even halloween yet I should be cursing even the slightest hint of Christmas, but I'm not.  S@m's Club has their Christmas trees up and I will admit, I was a little excited.

Though I was, and still am, confused about their gift packs of Christmas cookies.  Won't they be a little less than fresh by the time Christmas rolls around?

I'm starting to think about our Christmas card, where are we going to take the picture {the one that flyboy is less than thrilled with the thought of taking}, what are the boys going to wear, should they match or just coordinate?

The thought of holiday baking, filling the kitchen with all the yummy warm smells of white chocolate cranberry cookies, toffee, and gingerbread and then packaging them up in festive little boxes makes me want to go down and start cooking.

And even though I'm still sweeping up pine needles from last year I can't wait to set up our Christmas tree.  However I was told by my loving husband that before Halloween would be a no no.

Ohhh and we have a new dining room set coming sometime mid November so I'm really excited about finally getting the dining room in shape.  Painted, decorated, and then decked out for Christmas.

As I type this I'm Penny from Heavens, which is my favorite song from the Elf soundtrack which is my favorite CD for Christmas decorating.

Know what else I'm excited for?

The 2nd annual Ornament Swap! {I'm thinking I need a button for this....}

Last year it was a lot of fun and I'm hoping this year we get even more people involved in the exchange and have even more fun.

Here's the run down
-Ornaments can be handmade or purchased {a $10 dollar limit}

That's it.  Really.  It's that simple.

Oh and last year some of us swapped cookies and other homemade {or store bought if you're not a baker I suppose} goodies. This wasn't required, if you aren't comfortable eating cookies from someone you don't know that's ok. However the cookies from my recipient were helluva good so I say take a leap of faith.

Last year I posted the Swap sign up around mid-November and I'll probably do the same again this year. Anyone interested? Come on.... admit it.... you all are starting to get in the holiday spirit just like me. 

It's ok.... I won't judge.

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE the holidays and I stress about not stressing. Make sense?
    I work very hard to get so much done so I can savor every moment between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't want to be rushing around shopping etc.
    I want to bake, decorate, play Christmas music and watch every sappy Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas movie on TV. :::sigh::: I so love it.
    Our tradition is to watch It's a Wonderful Life on Thanksgiving night. The next day, the tree goes up! Can't wait, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already started making plans ... I prefer to not be doing most of my shopping in December. We've done some of our Christmas shopping already (I found little one her Christmas dress). It's less stressful when it's spread out. Since I also like to do homemade gifts if possible, I need a bit more time to complete them. I love the holiday season and am looking forward to my hubby actually being home for the whole month for once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already started the Christmas planning/shopping/etc. I was at Sam's Club yesterday and may or may not have purchased wrapping paper, christmas lights, etc etc. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say if people sign up for the swap then they need to follow through. Kind of disappointing to participate and do your part and not get anything in return.

    Cracker Barrel had Christmas stuff up in July! Seriously...holidays just come too early nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely be interested in participating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way!! Last year I wasn't in the holiday spirit until December 23rd!
    However, I haven't even thought about Halloween this year because all Ic an think about is CHRISTMAS! I think it has to do with the fact that it's our daughters first Christmas. Eeeeee! Im SO excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be interested in at least the cookie swap... maybe the ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, on the one hand, I am so ready for Christmas - the music, the winter clothes, the presents - but on the other hand, considering we'll (most likely) be nomads over the holidays, we won't have a tree or even our own place, it is a little bittersweet this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...so is this a hint for the button? ;-p
    It sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo I would love to participate in the ornament swap!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the holidays this will be the first year in 7 years!! that I will be putting up a tree.. yeah its a long time coming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I'm definitely in! I was so bummed to be outside the US last year! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ummmm yes!!! I love Christmas and I'm soooo excited that you're in the holiday spirit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm down, sign me up! And did you see my post today about free cards from shutterfly?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Man! Don't get my started on christmas yet! I LOVE christams. The husband... not so much.
    I'd like to do a swap, but I'm not sure if I would have the money for it. The ball is in novemeber too. Maybe after the second payday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Christmas. My family does it big. Lots of food, good company, wine flowing all night too! I'm really looking forward to it this year. However, even at my age I still have to sit at the "kid's table." My family still calls it that, even though the youngest "kid" these days is now a college student. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.