Friday, October 29, 2010

Ever forget Halloween?

Well I just about out did myself today.

You remember the other day I wrote an honest mommy post about forgetting Show n tell?  Well today, today I was *this* close to a mommy snafu.

I pulled up to Dash-2's nursery school and all of a sudden what do I see?  A batman and a princess.

SHIT! I FORGOT HALLOWEEN!

Who does that?  {Obviously the answer would be this mom this mom!}

Luckily we live 4 miles from the school so I tossed everyone back in the car, flew home, ran up to the attic to get the costume, dressed him in the parking lot and sent him in about 10 {or so} minutes late. 

Not a huge deal but I still feel like a moron of the highest degree.  I mean really, again I have to ask.... who the hell forgets to dress their kid for Halloween?

I can't wait to see what I forget for tomorrow, I made sure to do a head count when I returned home at the end of the day so I know I haven't left anyone anywhere.  Baby steps....


And I leave you with a picture of the cutest darn t-rex out there.

10 comments:

  1. He is so cute! Maybe you didn't remember because Halloween isn't technically until Sunday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha look at that face! He is so frigin adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is too cute! I vote that they don't have costume days anymore, too stressful for the moms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say you get brownie points for being able to run home and dress him up and be only 10mins late..Bravo to you and by the way, he is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry but this is freaking hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I'm sure this has happened to someone else out there. He looks too cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to say the exact same thing as your first commenter--you didn't technically forget halloween, since that's not til tomorrow. That's not so bad.

    And, awesome costume!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you totally made up for it by having such an adorable costume at the ready! He is TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!!

    And its mommy brain.. so I have heard..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgive me for laughing my a** off! hehehehehehehe

    You are SOOOO lucky your mama keeps you supplied with amazing costumers at the ready.

    When I have a kid, I can't imagine the crap I'll forget. And then due to the forgetting, my kid will most likely say the F word in front of someone else. Doh! :-p

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.