Monday, January 26, 2009

A mish mosh of sorts

A random slew of stuff, its just one of those days.

*I'm dying for cake. Real cake, with eggs. (For those of you who don't know dash-1 is allergic to eggs, real cake has eggs in it, egg free cupcakes are good but again, not real cake.) I'm thinking of white cake with white frosting. Butter cake with chocolate frosting sounds pretty snazzy too.

I mentioned this last night to flyboy and he just looked at me. I repeated myself in case he didn't hear me and then he replied, "I cant crap you a cake and you understand I'm not running to the store at 9:30".

Ok. Point taken. I will go without cake.

*Tomorrow night we are supposed to get 9-14 inches of snow. Do you know why it's going to snow enough for an Olympic trial in downhill skiing? Because I have a doctors apt scheduled for early Weds. morning. That's why. And its been scheduled for two weeks. Of course.

*Dash-2's latest craze is blowing raspberries on my stomach, face, arm, any skin exposed pretty much. Although its less a raspberry and more just a giant spew of spit left all over me. It's a good thing he breaks out in a fit of giggles or seriously, I'd lose my mind.

*Life on Mars is starting back up this week. I'm very excited. It's about a cop who suffers an gunshot wound and ends up back in 1973. And flyboy and I agree on it. How often does that happen?

*In the fish tank front, while washing the gravel the bag slipped and gravel ended up everywhere. Even in the toilet. Fresh after a certain little boy used it and didn't flush.

We can't flush gravel down our toilets so flyboy just stuck his hand right in. He said it best "clearly we've had kids for a while now, I didn't even think twice going in."

*This is a little embarrassing but it was so funny as it was happening I looked right at flyboy and asked if I could blog about this. He gave his blessing.

Both of us were cleaning last night, well I was scrubbing toilets (those with small boys or even big boys realize more pee is actually on the OUTSIDE of the toilet) and he was putting in some insulation in the attic. So we both opted to shower when we finished up around the same time. And you know being green minded we wanted to save water. So we hopped in together.

Hey we have small kids, that's about as exciting as it gets.

Until Dash-1 decided he needed to pee. And his brother decided to follow him. Into the same bathroom we were in. Flyboy stuck his head out to see what was going on and I stayed mum, nothing gets past dash-1 and he starts in on how we shouldn't be in the shower at the same time. It's only meant for one person at a time.

I cringe when I think about what he's going to say at school tomorrow if he remembers this.

Really that's enough of the mishmosh, I think I've adequately embarassed myself enough.

And I still want cake.

33 comments:

  1. Hysterical. Hey, at least the kiddos didn't hop in the shower with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...cake. I have been craving some for about a week.

    I had to laugh at the boys coming in the bathroom--too cute!

    Our next door neighbor is a Marine and I have never seen the man wear anything but cammies--now I know why! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL yay for showering together! Not to rub it in but I'm kind of glad Matt and I don't have kids so we can do that whenever the mood hits us, :) :)

    You should totally treat yourself to a cake with eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I would be so embarassed. Thanks for a good laugh for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha i cant stop laughing! freaking kids have radar for that kind of stuff!! gotta love it! oh and thanks a lot. ive been eating good and exercising to drop some baby weight and have doing stellar.......but now i have pictures of white cake and white frosting....ugh. willpower...i have willpower damnit! hahahahaha anyways, i say go for it just keep it wayyy outta reach. wouldnt wanna anything bad to happen!!!! LOVE your blog. seriously. im always cracking up. you rule!

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGGGG I feel your pain on the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...you have a lot of icky bathroom stories because of little boys. I'm not sure if I'm happy you're letting me know what I'm in for so I can prepare myself or just completely grossed out so I need to let Stonewall what he needs to be prepared to do in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was little and my parents were in the shower together, I would answer the phone and tell the caller exactly where my parents were. They didn't tell me not to, and I didn't see anything wrong with it. I'm sure it was pretty embarassing for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I crave cake sometimes too...Go buy a mini cake from Sam's Club or something, you deserve it!

    And that is toooooo funny about the "meeting" in the bathroom. Very cute story, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol! I love your family! :)

    Go buy yourself a cake! Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're making me crave cake now too. I have a bad cold and I really don't want to spread germs into it but than again its only me eating it so maybe it doesn't matter!

    The shower story is too cute! E and I always shower together- it's almost uncommon for someone to be showering alone. One day he asked me will we be able to do this once we have kids- I told him I wasn't sure! But I guess it can still happen! Woohoo! We just might have visitors! :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the days of showering together! Some of my favorite times! I'm with Katie, it's uncommon for us to shower alone when he is home.

    These stories.. all of them... cracked me up. You never fail to amuse me!

    You should definitely eat cake. I read the comment you left on kd's blog.... definitely cook it in the dark at night and enjoy your few moments of serenity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love it. Yep, wonderful mishmosh today.

    Why IS IT that it always snows when there is some appointment to keep. I swear.

    Cake. Cake is my weakness. Yes, cake with eggs. Cake with butter. Cake with anything. Now I want cake and I blame you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE CAKE!!!

    Ugh I hate that about even grown men! I get really grossed out when I go to a certain person's house (I'll leave that to be a secret as to not embarass, not that she'd ever read this), and there's pee on the toilet bowl. EWWWWW I get so grossed out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmm. Cake. The last few grocery stores we've been to have cake by the slice. Great way to get just 1 slice, uh, 1 big slice. Might check the bakery section.

    I'm glad to hear you go green in the bathroom. Jack Bauer jumped in the tub with me when he got home from work today. (I don't think the doggies even noticed.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha! little kids are too funny. He's right though, only 1 person at a time in the shower...right.

    I can pretty much hear my hubby saying the same thing about the cake.

    Good luck with the snow, maybe they'll be wrong like they usually are here and you'll only get 1 inch. Here's to hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait for tomorrow's post when someone calls you to tell you that Dash-1 told the class about the shower. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now I want cake. Thanks.

    The shower, ha! Dillon has said some real embarrassing things at school too. Good luck with that. Hope his teacher wont be giving you funny looks at the nest PTA meeting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just finished off a batch of eggless blueberry muffins...full sugar, all white flour and they was yummy.

    I *heart* you. Seriously, I do.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great, now I want cake, yellow with Chocolate frosting. Heck with the snow, we have ice and sleet, my butts not leaving the house until Apri!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love all of your mish mash thoughts. I'd so eat a 1/2 cake with you. It's in the water you know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. you lost me at cake.

    seriously.

    when the bug wakes up i will go make a real cake with eggs. and i promise not to eat the whole thing. i promise to ship you at least a bite :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG, thanks for the great laughs tonight . . . still laughing! Oh and as a teacher, I have heard it all from my students. Crap, look what I have to look forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LMAO! thats awesome. Hey. I think your just teaching the boys to save water. How very Green-minded of you!

    Oh and thanks for the cake imagery.....jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL! We were having fun in the shower once with the door locked. When Wyatt came knocking, Oliver told him we were cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow imagine if you could crap cake. that would be a real talent

    ReplyDelete
  27. McStudly and I are "green" minded, as well, when it coems to showering. But in all honesty - that's all we do - shower. There's nothing hot-n-heavy about it. I lather while he rinses, he lathers while I rinse... and so on. Are we not the most boring newlyweds you've ever heard of?! It's sad, really.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are making me crave cake!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You've disappeared and I miss your stories! Please come back soon! :) All playing aside, I hope everything is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey! Haven't see you bloggin' in a while, you doing ok? :) Stayin' sane trapped inside all day with the Dashes?

    ReplyDelete
  31. LMAO That totally sounds like what my husband said when I wanted him to go get ice cream to soothe a late night pregnancy craving the other day.

    And too funny about the kids coming in the bathroom! I laughed and actually read that aloud to my hubby and he was cracking up too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Where are you?? We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. where'd ya go? LOL. did i miss that post? hahaha. hope all is well!!!
    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.