Monday, September 28, 2009

What every good blogger needs

I know a couple of other bloggers have posted about this but I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon as well. You know what every good blogger needs?

An email address linked to their blog and linked to their profile.

I know a lot of bloggers out there who like to respond to comments left on their post, especially when the person leaves a funny comment or a compliment that is just begging for a witty response.

And nothing is worse then when I hit reply and the no reply address comes up.

(Insert sad face here)

It's super simple and if you aren't comfortable with using your personal email its, again to use the phrase, super simple to set up an account thru yahoo or something with an email just for the ole blogaroo. And then to add it on in your profile section.

Who knows you may get to know other bloggers better and if nothing else, you'll probably get an email or two from me.

That makes it totally worth it doesn't it?

16 comments:

  1. Okay, I think I finally figured out how to do that now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! can't stand when that happens... and i'm not even a big name blogger that would feel tehy might get bothered too much by pesky emails from people that think they know me.
    you know what else good blogger's need? to get rid of word verification (hint, hint). just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so with you on this one! It's way easier to just email responses versus leaving comments on a reader's comment and who knows if they will even come back to see if you left a comment?!?

    Gah!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm .... If you click on my name, it takes you to my profile, which has an e-mail me button ... that's all I could figure out how to do ... if there is another way, could you post an "idiot's guide to setting up your reply"? Thanks!!

    You rock, btw. I truly enjoy reading your take on this life. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wordpress has an option to post reply comments via email, which I really like. If I have the commenter's email on file, I cc them on it, so they know I replied. It kills two birds with one stone.

    I suppose I should do that, though I highly doubt anyone will want to air their dirty laundry via email with me lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I do need to do this. I started the blog for family, and then I got followers. I am on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed! It was the best decision I ever made (blogwise)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true! I love to commment back but sometimes there isn't a email. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed! So often I want to say something more and I cant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how to do this...or maybe I do??

    ~S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm... I'll have to try this! I'm not sure if mine is set up or not! great tip though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm confused...I'm always confused..

    I think I have this already set up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally agree with you!

    Oh and thanks for reminding me that you guys ACTUALLY have cows yesterday. I laughed after reading your email. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually requested that not that long ago and women had no idea how to turn it on. Did you figure it out? I know I can do it, I just don't know what turned that feature on.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.