Friday, September 4, 2009

The easy part is over

You know birthing really is the easy part. I mean really, squeezing another human being, an 8 lb one at that, is just a warm up.

Got to be honest, I'm not too worried about being outnumbered now. Let's face it, most of the time flyboy is away so I was already out numbered. Really, toss one more on the pile, shoot my sanity was eroded a long time ago.

The Marine Corps has been kind enough to help that along.

But now that I'm home wowza..... there is potty training to keep working on, which essentially means trying to stop a certain small one from being on the carpet or couch, school to get ready for with allergy stuff to get together and explaining to -1 that there is more education needed in life then that of nursery school.

There are still baby supplies to be bought because well, I was draggin my feet before hand and now I cant find any burp cloths...pads....milk bags...wipes.....

There is sleep to try to be had.

Little ones to give extra love and comfort too.

Laundry to be done, lots of that. Remember the whole potty training, new baby thing. Lots of laundry.

Grocery shopping and some cleaning since the inlaws are headed to town soon.

And of course, blogs to read and write. LOTS to read.

Flyboy has his baby leave which is very nice, but there is the reminder that when his vacay is over real life, real military life, is going to kick start. He's got trips on the board and come a bit over a week big mama is going to be flying solo.

Well, I suppose I'm never really solo. That is the nice thing about my life, there is always someones hand to hold, cheek to kiss, arms to wrap around, love to be given and love to be received.

Oh and butt to wipe. There is always a butt to wipe.

20 comments:

  1. Your super Mom capabilities will come out once Flyboy is back to work. Plus, I am sure Dash-1 will be excited to be a helpful big brother. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last line :) True here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be able to do it! I know it! Good luck with the potty training and school stuff. Can't wait to see more pictures of Dash-3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me, as always... If we stay in the Marine Corps, I need to come to your house and go through mommy boot camp to be trained in the ways of a tough Marine wife-mommy. :)

    More pics please! I would looooooove to see one with all three dashes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have me for bitch fests :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha... and now you're responsible for 4 butts! That's eigh cheeks, my friend. Are you ready for that??

    :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new addition and good luck on the butt wiping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't say it yesterday but congratulations :-) That's so wonderful. And happy birthday, little one. You seem to have your hands full!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say over the weekend flyboy should go to the store with two little dashes in tow to buy a bunch of baby stuff.

    Enjoy that butt wiping...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you ARE supermom. Seriously, you're like my hero right now. I can barely take care of myself and Hubs. You kick butt. (well, wipe it)

    ReplyDelete
  11. dont worry everything will just fall into place. Dont go crazy cleaning for the inlaws i'm sure they will understand a little mess. If you ever need someone to talk to you can always call me i dont mind little boys in the background

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes, it seems that there is an endless supply of butts to wipe, lol! Someday that will end...hopefully! And to be brutally honest, sometimes I think my home runs a bit smoother when I am flying solo... although it would SEEM that with 2 parents home things should run better than they do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the birthing part :) Don't forget to ask for help when you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shoot and I was complaining about flying solo with one. In all seriousness if anyone can manage the craziness that comes with three little ones it is you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just think of all the extra built in entertainment you have now!! You are such a great mom already, three will be easy for you!! And of course for the times when it's not, I can always send you some muscle relaxers and boxed wine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The other day I said (in a VERY exasperated tone!)... I can't wait until the only booty I have to wipe is MY OWN.

    And while I do feel that way, I will miss their little booties ;)

    You are going to do GREAT! There will be bad days but they seem (in a very strange way - or maybe my viewpoint is just strange) to make the good days that much sweeter :)

    We're all pullin' for you!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  17. isn't funny how when you're in the last few weeks of pregnancy, you can not WAIT to birth that child, and then they arrive and you realize, dang.... you were easier to take care of before you came out! :)

    not to mention your older ones running around. rock on with your super mom self! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh, I don't know how you do it all!! You're such a hero-mom!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are one tough Cookie...I tell ya....!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I could just come help you! You sound incredibly busy. WOW. Supah momma!!

    Um. PS- the word verification I am about to type in is "WHORED." Kinda weird.

    Kthanksbai.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.