Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Someone is one!

Today my dear, a special little boy turns one and that boy, my love, is you. 

I could say your smile lights up a room, it does, but it also melts my heart because when you smile, your soul shines thru your eyes.  My love you are a charmer. 

Coming after a loss, you reminded me that the miracle of life really is just that, an amazing miracle that makes our family complete. I've loved watching you grow and morph from baby boy just chillin and watching everything go by into a little boy who wants to get into the thick of things.  

You've had your ups and downs this year, some kinks needed to be worked out, balls to be put back where they belong, legs to getta workin, food a swallowin, but look at how far you've come! 

No longer are you that tiny little baby who needed help sitting! Now you're taking over the playroom, one lego tower at a time and terrorizing your brothers.

God willing, you'll grow big and tall. 

Smart and strong like your daddy, witty and sharp like your mommy. 

You will back talk and do things that will drive me mad. 

There will be days {perhaps weeks and months} that I am certain you have been taken over by an obnoxious zombie, but I will always remember your sweet baby days.  How you love to clap your hands, playing peek a boo with anything, your new love of cleaning up and closing doors, proof you are your fathers child.

You're becoming your own person and its a joy to watch.  Even if your person is going to be stubborn and headstrong like all the rest of the males in this house.  

I love you my dear, my sweet little bubba, my third little boy, you will always be my baby and I will always be your momma. No matter how big you get.

23 comments:

  1. Awww cute post, Happy Bday to your little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute birthday boy! Happy first birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW Still cant believe he is one Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it's been a year! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how sweet! And I can't believe that he's going to be a year already. Where did the time go?

    He is soo precious. What a sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! Happy birthday little buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!! On a side note, holy moly, how could he be one already? It doesn't seem like that long ago that you were posting newborn pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happiest of days, Dash-3 and Mama! I hope that you guys have a blast eating cake and opening up presents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! Happy Birthday to Dash-3! What a handsome little man!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday and happy discoveries!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to your little man! I love that first picture of him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGsh he is one!??? Happy birthday dash-3!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe he is one. It seems like yesterday he was born. Happy Birthday Dash-3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe it's been a year. Happy birthday to Dash-3--and to you! (I always think mothers should get more credit on their kids' birthdays than we do.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy BIRTHDAY DASH!!! Turing one is very exciting and sad for Mommy but I hope you had a blast! :)

    BTW...Join us we are having a BLOG BASH and tons of GIVEAWAYS! www.lilhiccups.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so late, but Happy Birthday Dash 3!!! Hope he enjoyed the day

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Dash 3! I could just squish him, he's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Dash 3! I love his hair, so fluffy like a baby bird!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm late to the party - but a very happy 1st birthday to Dash-3! He is so stinkin' cute. Hope the day was a joyous one. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.