Sunday, September 26, 2010

the big 3-0

Friday was a big day.  A start of a new decade.  The big 3-0. 

Some people dread their thirties, to be honest, I can't say I've given it a lot of thought and/or that I care a whole hell of a lot.  Turning 30 really is better then the alternative now isn't it?

It seems that what with so many people our age that we've known or our husband's have known giving their lives in the past 8 years of war getting bent out of shape seems trivial at best.

And goodness knows I'm anything but trivial right?  I know you just snorted coffee thru your nose my dear flyboy.

I say adios 20's and hola, with enthusiasm, to my 30's.  After all, I'm quite lucky.  I'm married to a great guy, who loves to clean, eats whatever I serve him, deposits his paycheck into our joint account every 2 weeks, and kills bugs for me no matter how hairy.  I have 3 adorable kiddos, who despite being rambunctious handfuls who see no need for a nap or any sort of down time, are smart, polite, loving kids. 

And did I mention adorable?

All in all I'm quite content with my life, very content actually.  Whether my age is 25 or 30 that doesn't change much in my eyes. 

But why not make a list anyways?  Why not make up a 35 at 35 list? 35 things I want to accomplish by the time I turn 35, which I have a feeling is going to creep up overnight the way time flies these days.

I have a couple of things I'd to do:
-run a 5k and a 10k
-learn to bake bread, by hand, that people would actually like to eat
-take a trip with just flyboy and I, I realize this sounds easy but between his tight schedule and the kids schedule, running the 10k might be easier.
-drop 20 pounds and keep it off for at least a year
-finish scrapbooks for dash-2 and dash-3
-actually paint the boys room, the living room, and dining room {provided it looks like we are staying here}
-travel outside of the United States {and Canada and Mexico do not count}

I'm going to keep thinking of things and post up a final list.  However, because I am extremely boring, I was hoping that you could help me out and add some suggestions.   Many thanks in advance.

14 comments:

  1. Well! Happy birthday!

    I loved my 30s -- sure beat the pants off my 20s. Hope your new decade is equally awesome for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great decade! Happy Birthday : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!

    I've loved my 30s so far! So much better than my 20s, really and truly. And I'm only 2 years in! It can only get better from here right?

    You list sounds much like my list! You need to move closer so we can run together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Let me know how 30 goes...I have another 5 months before I hit it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bungee jump. I couldn't do it, but maybe you are more daring than me. If you are up for a challenge, I think the two of us with 6 kids in NYC on some major holiday, might be a great challenge! We'll just rope them all together.

    Hot air balloon ride? Triathlon?

    How about not clean for 6 months? Not cook for a year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy happy birthday!

    I want to do the bread one too. It seems to be a good challenge. Too bad we aren't closer.

    Ideas... blog every day for a month, send a video in for america's funniest, make something with your hands, join a book club, spend a day at the spa, meet a bunch of blog friends in vegas for a weekend, try that once a month cooking thing, plant a tree in a park honoring someone, learn some random thing you've always wanted to know...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, my dear! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and year!

    I think your goals sound good, and because I'm not very creative, I can't think of anything to add.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Happy Belated Birthday! My 30's were much better than my 20's is so many ways.... hopefully this final year won't change my opinion. :-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! Your list sounds fabulous =).

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, I'm so late on this but Happy Birthday!

    And as for the list, you know the type of stuff I'm going to suggest. :)
    - try CrossFit
    - do an unassisted pullup
    - learn to snatch

    ReplyDelete
  11. By the time you're 35 I hope we are living closer to each other because lord knows I will need you once I have children.

    And I think you will be able to take a grown up trip by then, they can come stay with us since they'll all be out of diapers :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.