Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Because I had to share.....

It's been quiet around here.

I've had stuff to write but dash-3 was on and off sick, again, and sleeping in 2 hour blocks.  The inlaws made a quick stop off for a weekend visit, but of course, flyboy was away, so I thought blogging might be a bit rude.  Then there was a stop off to visit some family on the drive down to my parents for one last visit before school starts.

So, not much to blog about.  Nothing exciting anyways.

Until today.  Today at lunch with my parents, in a very crowded Panera's,  I turned over to my right to see little, darling, inquisitive dash-1 playing with something he found in my purse.

Because in case you don't remember, when you were five, mom's purse was like a treasure chest with all sorts of neato stuff in it.

And what did my purse have in it that was calling his little name?  Was it the gummy bears? The crayons? The little cars notepad? My blackberry? Nope. None of that.

A tampon.

Yup.  That's right.  A tampon.

Oh and one that he had unwrapped and held up for every table in a 5 table radius could see.  And professed that he was going to make something amazing out of it.

You know what I can count on?  Dash-1 to always come thru with the blog fodder.

Now if only he would keep his hands out of my purse....

9 comments:

  1. When I was in high school, we were on an away trip for soccer, and one of the players got a severe bloody nose. Her mom whipped out a tampon from her purse and shoved it in her nose to stop the bleeding. Worked like a charm. Bet Dash-1 wouldn't think it was a cool "find" if something like that happened to him... ;) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you laugh out loud? Tell me you laughed out loud.

    When I was in middle school as part of the sex ed class they showed a video of a girl who had a whole box of tampons. (at school - I don't know why, no one does that) She dropped them and they spilled everywhere all down the school steps. The most attractive boy in school picked the box up and she was so embarrassed she ran away.

    That video irritated me so much that I vowed to never let something like tampons embarrass me in public. I can do a find job of that just by opening my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I had a feeling it was going there. Amazing how quickly their attention is grabbed by the one thing we don't want them to play with. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! You can definitely bring this up when he gets older and you need to embarrass him. Pretty soon he will figure out what a tampon is for and never go near your purse again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see a Liberal Arts scholarship in the making ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I probably would have turned completely red face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is pretty funny, well maybe it will be funny in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.