Sunday, November 18, 2012

It's coming...


It's that time.  The sea bag and foot locker is packed.  The wills are done. A power of attorney is sitting on the desk down stairs.

There is no denying that this deployment is coming. Like it or not.

And in case your wondering I don't like it.

I don't like the worry and the stress. I don't like the constant ache in my heart.  I don't like seeing my kids struggle with saying goodbye. I don't like hearing well meaning things from well meaning people that really doesn't seem so well meaning to me.

Nope. I don't like it at all.

I'm already tired of so much of this. To outsiders it hasn't even started but to you fellow military folks, you know that, pardon my language, we are already standing knee deep in shit.

The anticipation is so overwhelming.  So much to prepare and think about. And it never seems like there is enough time to get it all done.... And all the other daily things, because life doesn't stop just because your gearing up.

We'll make it, that's what we do.  They serve and we serve.  One day at a time we just go about out lives and just like the deployment comes the deployment will go. Things are different but there see still kids to get to school, practices and meets to go to, hugs and kisses to give out before bed.

We'll make it.

But I still hate the build up.



7 comments:

  1. Ah man, lady, I will avoid the platitudes because I'm sure you've heard them all. I think the buildup can actually be worse than the goodbye itself. I'm thinking of you guys...this shit is never easy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((huuuuugs)) Pre-deployment time sucks worse than the deployment time IMHO. It's like, "get out of the house so we can settle into our new routine and so you can be closer to coming back." Plus... the pre-deployment arguments SUCK HAIRY MONKEY BALLS. And that's, of course, from someone who doesn't even have kids.

    Hope you get through this quickly and the deployment goes as quickly as it can for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lead-up is the worst. Everyone expects the deployment itself to be hard, but the pre-part can sneak up on you.

    Thinking of you all. I know you can do it; I'm just sorry you have to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. I feel for you. Even though it's been over 300 days since we stood there, some days it feels like I was watching that bus pull away just yesterday. Big hugs to you and yours. You know we're here if you need us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second what Wifey said. I just sent you an email, too.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.