Monday, November 12, 2012

2012 Ornament Swap

It's time for the Trying Our Best Blog Ornament {and hopefully cookies} Swap!  


I love the holidays don't you?  I love to decorate, make insane amounts of cookies, light up my Christmas tree candles and just enjoy the season.  

And yes, I light evergreen scented candles because this year we are cheating and putting up a fake tree.  In light of our deployment I do not feel the need to drag a ginourmous dead tree out of my house with my adorable, yet slightly useless boys just watching.  Don't judge, the candle smells plenty nice.  

So if you too love you some Christmas why not take part!  It's really pretty easy and low key and I'd like to think that you are guaranteed to have some fun! 

Here are the main points:


*you can either MAKE or BUY an ornament, however there will be a $10 dollar limit. And if you find a cute one for less go for it. {embrace bargain hunting folks.} It can be something to from where you are stationed or live, it can be something that you think will reflect the person you are swapping with taste, it could just be something adorable that you see or make.

 Let me repeat. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE AN ORNAMENT. I get asked this question a ton of times. BUYING IS OK!

If you want to include some cookies or candies in your package go ahead! Its not required but I'm a stress eater and cookies or candy would be greatly appreciated.

*Ornaments should be mailed so that they are received round about mid December.     If you and your partner work something else out, good to go, but the whole point is to have this ornament BEFORE the holidays.  If something comes up, let me know, everyone has lives and things happen, but if you give me a heads up I can cover for you so no one is left waiting for the mailman disappointed. 

To sign up email tryingourbest at yahoo by Nov. 21

Answer the following questions in your email:
Name

Best email to reach you at
Mailing address

Blog address or twitter name {if you have one}

****ANY FOOD ALLERGIES***

Do you have a certain Christmas decorating theme or are you a mish mash, compilation of ornaments kinda gal? 

Are you willing to mail to an APO?FPO address? {This does not cost you any additional postage, the only difference is that you will need to fill out a simple customs form}

Anything you want to add?

And please leave a comment on this post here. You don't have to to participate but it helps to keep track of who's signed up and what not.


Let's keep the tradition alive people!

11 comments:

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.