Wednesday, November 9, 2011

3rd Annual Ornament Swap

Get your ornaments ready for the...


 3rd Annual Ornament Swap!

Thanksgiving is racing towards me and pretty soon Christmas is going to be right around the corner just waiting to bite us all in the ass, so lets get this party started.

It's a fun way to spread some Christmas cheer for not a whole lot of mola. And if you're into holiday baking feel free to toss in some cookies in your box.

I am very into holiday baking.  Actually its a great cover all year long to scour and find new recipes and then make them.  Shoot, one has to perfect their holiday goodies, thus a mock bake up {or 15} in July is necessary. 

Whoever gets me will be getting some kickass chocolate toffee and some cranberry white chocolate cookies (those have eggs but they are delish!) and perhaps one of the dash brothers.  I say that every year but this year I'm serious about tossing a kid in.

Now the important stuff.  aka: Info on the swap

*you can either MAKE or BUY an ornament, however there will be a $10 dollar limit. And if you find a cute one for less go for it. {embrace bargain hunting folks.} It can be something to from where you are stationed or live, it can be something that you think will reflect the person you are swapping with taste, it could just be something adorable that you see or make.

 Let me repeat. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE AN ORNAMENT. I get asked this question a ton of times. BUYING IS OK!

*Ornaments should be mailed so that they are received round about midDecember.  If you and your partner work something else out, good to go, but the whole point is to have this ornament BEFORE the holidays.

*You can sign up for the swap until Saturday night {November 19} My goal is to get the names and emails out to you all before Thanksgiving.

Interested?  
To sign up email tryingourbest at yahoo
Answer the following questions in your email
Name

Best email to reach you at
Mailing address

Blog address or twitter name {if you have one}

****ANY FOOD ALLERGIES***

Do you have a certain Christmas decorating theme or are you a mish mash, compilation of ornaments kinda gal? 

Are you willing to mail to an APO?FPO address? {This does not cost you any additional postage, the only difference is that you will need to fill out a simple customs form}

Anything you want to add?

And please leave a comment on this post here. You don't have to to participate but it helps to keep track of who's signed up and what not.

I hope that a good number of people want to participate, this was a lot of fun last year and I'm hoping its as much fun again this year!

When you email me to sign up I'll email you back that I've received it and then I'll be emailing you again when I match folks up. 

And dont worry, if goodness forbid your partner skips out on you let me know I'll mail you a big Christmas package complete with a dash brother. 


Please, spread the word on your blogs, twitter, facebook... shoot scream it from the roof top afterall, the more the merrier!

16 comments:

  1. I'm in!! :) I really enjoyed last year and am excited for this year's exchange! I already emailed you.... Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love decorating for Christmas!! We place all sorts of extra ornaments in large hurricanes all over the house. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo...sending you an email! Can't wait to do this...I have the perfect ornament in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun! But would people be okay mailing to Canada.....? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in! I even have something awesome to send food wise to whoever I get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in!!!! I kinda hope I get you. Those cookies sound dreamy and I've always wanted a kid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in! I just emailed you my info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like fun! I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! I signed up!


    FYI... my security word was reboy... does that mean I get a Dash Brother?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cannot wait I have had so much fun the last two years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea!! First time joining the swap!

    Sign me up! Elizabeth.a.smitty@gmail.com

    www.citylightscamonights.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in! I just emailed you! I have never done one before, so I am excited!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog...love it! :) I'm looking forward to following! What a cute idea! Wish I could participate but we're in PCS limbo right now! :)

    http://semperwifey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.