Tuesday, May 17, 2011

House rules

Every house needs its rules.  Sure family start out with the basic set rules, but all the good meaningful rules develop over time.

Without further ado I give you the flyboy family rules....

1. One must wear pants to the dinner table. A shirt may on certain meal days be optional, but pants, pants are a requirement for food.

2. No socks in the bath.  No matter how much fun you think a bath with socks will be, they can not and will not be worn in the tub. Ever.

3. Do not pop balloons in the car.  Nor is the car the time or place to try out your animal balloon making skills.

4. No talking about bodily functions at the table. {We had a "what came first, chicken or the egg" discussion at the table the other night and flyboy did not find it amusing when I put forth an equally as debatable question... which came first, the fart or the poop? Having three boys is changing me as a person.  A lot.}

5. No holding people down to fart in their face unless this is your punishment.  In that case, buck up and take it like a man.

6. No face shots at close rang with a nerf gun unless you are prepared for #5.


7. Do not ever, ever, roll out your playdough on the carpet.  EVER. {Again.}

8. In order to sit on my bed and most especially my pillows, you must be wearing underwear. {This is directed at my kids not my husband.  They think its hilarious to sit on my pillows naked, thankfully my husband does not.}

9.  Never, ever, shove your fingers up someones nose for them to smell them.  Also, keep your fingers out of peoples mouths, no one wants to taste whatever is on them. EVER.

10. Ice cream, while it is delicious, is not to be eaten with your fingers while standing in your underpants on a chair with the freezer door open.  {This rule is strictly pointed at dash-2}


That's it for now.  I know there are more, the list is ever evolving too, by the time the boys are in middle school surely the list will be up to 100.  Or perhaps these are just the 10 solid rules of life. Could be...

8 comments:

  1. Those rules are simply amazing. Little Miss is getting to the point where we have some crazy rules...and I know they will only get crazier as Little Man gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those rules are awesome! I might have to enforce those someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Rule #10 is my favorite. Though rule #8 is pretty stellar too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lord I was rolling on the floor while trying to read these! These rules are pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Killing me over here ... I think #8 is my favorite. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I love, love, love these! Thanks for putting a smile on my face today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, can you tell my girls they have to wear a shirt to the table. my son would never be shirtless but my girls never seem to be fully dressed

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how I could have missed this... wait... yes, I DO know... and while the pain killers help, it only helps if you are NOT laughing. This list kills me. Oh the differences between having sons and daughters always amazes me. There are similarities that really shouldn't be, and differences that are hysterical. (and trooppetrie is describing our daughters perfectly) :) Thank you for the smile and laughs. Life is good now.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.