Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mish mosh of random stuff

I've been MIA for a while, my apologies, damn life for getting in the way.

And I'm out of the habit I'm not sure how to get back into it.  I'm at the point now where I don't know how to get back on the blog wagon, I am clueless what to post. {I'm open to suggestions, please}

So I figured I'd catch you all up on what-s-a-going on round here.

- At the end of March we traveled down to Savannah for my brother's wedding.  It was a ton o'fun.  Even taking into account the 20 some hours in the car one way with three small kids.  Flyboy was able to come with us, and as many of you know with the military thats a big stinkin deal.  It seems like I'm always at family things solo and it was delightful to get to go car trippin WITH flyboy.  And I know he LOVED it.

All 300 bathroom stops.

We stopped in Gettysburg, the USS North Carolina, Tybee Island and Ft. Puaski, we did the sights of Savannah, and all that fun stuff. And we enjoyed some nice weather, the day we were sitting on the beach it was snowing at home, always a win.

Flyboy is now on a kick to get an RV.  Where he thinks the money is coming from I don't know and why he would want to voluntarily put himself in a metal tube with all three kids for days on end I am also unclear on.

- Another tee ball season has started.  Yah!  {That's sarcasm}

On one hand Dash-1 can't seem to figure out the proper order of bases, or that he shouldn't be fielding the ball when he's on the bases as a runner, but on the other hand, he isn't tackling anyone for the ball when they field it first.  Progress in my book.

- Dash-2 is still trying to get me to smell his fingers.  I'm not sure why but I don't want to smell them.

-Dash-1 got his report card in school and is doing exceptionally well.  He has also gotten married.  She seems lovely.  I was not invited to the wedding as it took place in the hallway returning from library.

I'm very confused by all this, he's 6.  He can't drive, doesn't have a job, still lives with his parents, not to mention he is not allowed to cross the road by himself, stay up past 8, or use the remote control.  I'm not sure why he thought marriage was a logical step.

Dash-2 is not married yet.  He's keeping his options open.  He has also decided that he will never ever move out of my house.  Lucky lucky me.

- I mentioned this on twitter but its so exciting it deserves mention here, I can set my dvr from anywhere with my phone.  This is awesome and makes me feel like I have Godlike power.  I find myself recording willey-nilly just because I can.

I think I can also make my phone a remote control so that if flyboy ever gets it in his head to step out of line and try a coup for the remote I can shut him down right quick.

-Speaking of flyboy, he's off yonder again, but when isn't he?  Apparently he has a shit ton o'leave to use up in the next few months so rumor has it we might be seeing a fair amount of him.  Perfect for testing out my phone remote control powers.

-I haven't mentioned dash-3.  He's cute as ever.  He just had a little hair cut {no high and tight for him yet, he still has that super soft downy baby hair, LOVE IT!} and looks like a little boy.  With every day more and more babyness leaves and more and more little boy creeps in.

Hold me.

He's no longer in PT! As of 2 wks ago he has graduated and is good to go at age level.

So that's it in a nutshell.

I will do my best not to be a stranger. If you read I'll write. How's that for a deal?

8 comments:

  1. Deal. :)

    Sounds like good things in the Dash household. Horray to Dash 3 for graduating PT. Congrats to Dash 1 on his wedding (would he like a set of his and her plastic place settings, you think?) Dash 2 will change his mind. :) Nice to see you are doing good. I actually went back to twitter solely to check on you because I was worried you hadn't posted in so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am picturing the T-Ball madness in my head and can't stop giggling.

    I got married when I was 8, it didn't work out but we did find a way to split our stuff evenly, he got the pile of fun shaped rocks and I got the bullfrog we found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, been missing hearing your stories. Your sons sound like a handful of FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO glad you're back! I know I can always turn to you for laughs and witty sarcasm :)

    Savannah! I love that city! We went down for a weekend before we moved from Charleston, and it was so cool.

    Please give Dash 1 my condolences, er, congratulations, on his marriage. May it be full of sliding on slides, pushing each other and swings, and, if cootie free, hold hands (in secret) on the playground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to read you again! Another adult out there swimming in the Sea of Insanity (i.e. children). Keep your head above water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up! I love that Dash1 got married one, that's awesome. I'm sorry you weren't invited to the wedding. :( I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering why I hadn't seen a post from you pop up. Sounds like an amazing trip!

    We are about to start T-ball. I am nervous. Soccer didn't go as well as I thought.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.