Thursday, February 3, 2011

on the same page

There are times I think we should just install a door in our house, or that flyboy should just keep all his clothes and what not on his plane and just pack a small bag to come home and not vice versa.

There are times I think about how every year from the moment we got married 8 years ago has been the same, gone for a week, home for a week, gone for 3 weeks, home for 2 days, gone for a week, and. so. on.

Nevermind mixing in deployments to war and what not.

There are times that I think about how the longest we've even been together for one continuous time was 2 months.  EVER. 

There are times I think about how this schedule will keep up for the next 7 years we have left in the Marine Corps until retirement.


Seven more years of this insanity right? Seven more years of coming and going. It can, it will be done.

We had a bit of a "discussion" about working together, seeing eye to eye on things, and we are lucky, for the most part we really are on the same page, but its hard, since we do, a fair amount of time lead separate lives. 

He's on the road doing his plane-flying-Marine-kinda things, and I'm at home doing bill paying, laundry doing, homework checking, chauffeuring, and lest we forget, butt wiping kinda things.  It's tough.  Obviously I keep him up to date on things, but sometimes we just cant help but fall into the "hey I'll do my thing, you do your thing, we'll meet back here in a week, see you then" kinda rut.


I'm curious.... how do you guys make sure that you stay on the same page and stay "connected"?

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure it's different for every couple. But for sure, without a doubt, we drop everything and attend EVERY marriage retreat that is sponsored by the chaplains. Some units run a lottery for those, some are first come, first serve. And if it means flying in a relative to watch our kids, we do it. Time and money well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we done and tried all sorts of things over the 18 years (next week) he's been in the corps and we've been together! It changes as time and need changes. I've just discovered www.COZI.com
    it's a fantastic online calender (and you can print calenders for your frig). Many people can log into it and see what's going on in your life. it also has a great Iphone, IPOD touch app.

    this has helped us a lot recently.
    and we email email email and FB chat and sometimes if we are lucky video chat.

    praying for you girl!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.