Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Valentines Day Swap Sign-ups!

I'm stoked for Valentine's Day.  Anxious for my 4 dozen mixed colored roses and candlelight dinner with my love?  Hardly.  As much as I love my husband, a romantic, mushy Valentine remembering, whispering sweet nothing kinda guy he is not.

In fact, he has a pesky habit of being in a different state or continent this time of year. 

I usually spend my v-day sitting in my bed or on my couch after the kids have gone to sleep eating myself-purchased Whitman's sampler.  Here's the thing, do not pity me, that's a fine night in my book.

Hmmm... Is that kinda sad?

But yet I get excited when I see the red ♥ hearts hanging on the Target ceiling come out.  February is a big month in our house, birth month of not just flyboy but also my first baby, my ever growing boy dash-1.

Not to mention come those red hearts in the store I know that Easter candy is just around the corner. And outside of my husband and 3 little ones, my true love lies with easter candy.

So why not celebrate this time of year! There's no reason to be a hater this time of year! 

Let's have a swap!

This one is simple:
-there isn't a limit to spend as much as I figure $10 bucks is a nice number. 
-try to get your package to your partner as close to Feb 14 as possible

and last but not least

DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO FOLLOW THRU!

That's really it.  

Send some yummy treats, find some pink things, make homemade valentines, think outside the box and do whatever you think your partner might like.

Wanna sign up?

Send an email answering the following simple questions to tryingourbest @ yahoo . com 

Name

Email

Mailing address

Blog address {if you have one}

****ANY FOOD ALLERGIES***

Any favorite Valentine candies?  

Are you willing to mail to an APO?FPO address? {This does not cost you any additional postage, the only difference is that you will need to fill out a simple customs form}

Anything you want to add?

Again, please don't sign up if you aren't going to follow thru, its not fair to your partner.  Sign up's will be open until Jan 19.  My goal is to have swap partner's assigned and emails sent out with everyone's info by the end of that week.

The goal of every swap is for everyone to have fun.  

I try my best to organize everything and be available to help out anyone who needs it. I hope those who participated in the Christmas swap had fun, I really did try my best, but unfortunately I did have several things, mainly 3 weeks of sick kids, come up, but with every swap I'm learning.  I'm hope you'll all sign up and have fun!

Spread the word, share the link and lets spread some Valentine cheer!♥ 

And candy, lets send and eat some candy.

Also if you're participating in the swap it helps {but its certainly not required} if you follow this blog and my twitter @mrs_flyboy  this way you will see when I post messages or updates about the swap.

8 comments:

  1. I am doing one of these too! I love the Valentine season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I wish I could but I don't know that I would be able to really get into it with TC's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect! Hubby will be gone for Valentine's Day and our anniversary. Now I know I'll get something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I emailed you...did you get my email about the swap?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i jut found your swap and it's the 21st. is it too late to squeeze in? please?

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.